What's new

What's this movie called? pt. 2 (1 Viewer)

Brad_V

Second Unit
This one has drove me nuts for years. I must have seen it around 15 years ago. It's a horror movie, and the only parts I remember are:

It's set around an old farm house in the country. There's demonic possessions. One possession happens when someone is sleeping on the bed, and a spider is crawling along the ceiling. Then you hear a voice say, "Open wide... wider..." and the person opens their mouth and the spider drops in from the ceiling. And then they wake up possessed or whatever.

Then somewhere along the line the two women buy a handgun and practice target shooting some stuff in the backyard.

And then at the end, whatever else happens I forget, but the woman (or two) beat whatever, I guess, so they are all safe and sound, but then the floorboards of the living room fly open, lots of fire and brimstone, and she gets sucked down into hell or something, and then the floorboards fly back into position and the movie ends.

Help! What the heck is the name of this movie!?

Darren Crouse

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the film is none other than Wes Craven's Deadly Blessings. Being an arachnophobe I won't get any closer to the film then that.

Brad_V

Second Unit
I think you're right!

I just did a quick search on this now that you mentioned it, and other people mention the same ending. Also of interest, it has Ernest Borgnine and Sharon Stone in it.

Thanks, Darren, I've wondered what the heck this movie was for a long time. Now all I have to do is hunt down a copy of it tomorrow.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Brad-
I agree that it's probably Deadly Blessing because I also remember that scene.
Check to see if the Deadly Blessing page at IMDb offers the theatrical trailer, because I'm pretty sure the "falling spider" bit is in there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks