What's new

What's The Story With The Panasonic RA60 DVD Player? (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
It looks like the ol' RV80 with DVD-audio and twin lasers. Anyone care to comment? Why isn't it listed on Panasonic's site?
RA60

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
There's been some discussion of this player already. Also, I've done a full review on it a while back. I got it a few months ago and have been quite pleased with it. Its a pretty good player, and it has DVD-Audio. For those wanting an interlaced player, this is definitely one to consider.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Actually I think its more like the RV31 but with the inclusion of DVD-Audio. I just got one, it seems reliable enough (as I've stated before, seems to be of equal to or better quality than my older Panasonic player). I haven't exactly tested it out or anything, but the picture looks fine to me, it has DTS & Dolby Digital w/ the optical out or analog, and it sounds fine. DVD-Audio sounds really good to me through it as well, though I really don't have anything to compare it against, and MP3 playback is decent- (some files I burned are crappy, and came out crappy, others were better copies, and sound decent) except it only displays a number, and plays the files in alphabetical order. (No random feature) Honestly DVDA and MP3 had nothing to do with the decision, I was only interested in getting DTS (the older player didn't have this) and they are both welcome additions, especially for this price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks