What's new

Whats the status on Once upon a time in the west and america? (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
This is the last that I've heard about both.
Warner is rumored to be releasing America on DVD in 2003.
Martin from Paramount stated last year that West was in the pipeline.
Since then I've read that there were/are some legal issues which is holding the West DVD up. :frowning:

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
Re West, it's not legal issues so much as getting our hands on original material to make the extended version. It's a long story.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Martin,
Thanks for the response. I'm drooling in anticipation. :)
See my post above. Paramount does not own America, Warner does. Martin obviously won't be able to answer your question.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Jim_K

You're right ofcourse. My mistake, I should have known about this in the first place as I replied to some of the same threads as well.

:b :b

Does not change the fact that I look forward to both releases in the meantime.

Oscar Merkx

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
Count me in for Once Upon a Time In America. I never saw the West film but will wait until there is a oar dvd of this film.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
West is a terrific picture, to my mind even better than OUTAIAmerica. Such a great opening, with the reveal of who exactly the vicious killer is.....fabulous cinema!

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I've never seen West, but I'm getting very interested in it. The director of Amelie, Jean-Pierre Jeunet mentioned it as one of two movies that influenced him the most (along with A Clockwork Orange).

America is one of my most anticipated titles. I can't wait to see the full version in OAR. I hope Warner is still on schedule for next year.

Rob

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Maybe AMERICA will be one of Warner's new upcoming 2/3 disc S.E's, like TRUE ROMANCE, SINGING IN THE RAIN (and the upcoming BLADE RUNNER) seem to be.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I just sold my LD copy of Once Upon A Time In America on ebay for $40.00 anticipating a DVD release in 2003. I hope I made the right decision.

Jim Rykel

Agent
Martin - thanks for the update. Have you or someone at Paramount been in contact with Don Bruce? He recently spent some time at the Leone estate, and is very involved with various people who worked on Leone's films. Check his website for more information.
Link Removed

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Man, I know both of these have been discussed for some time and I'm very excited for the day(s) we see both of these in sparkling new DVD editions, but I just can't relinquish my widescreen LDs of these two.
I found OUATitW widescreen and sealed for $19.99. And it wasn't a punchout...and for laser that was a heckuva deal. As for OUATiA, that was a Columbia House freebie and I'm just going to have hang onto it until the DVD is in my hands. :)
BTW, the BFI Modern Classics book on OUATiA is a good read with plenty of color stills. Check it out.
Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks