What's new

What's the scoop on DUMB and DUMBERER (1 Viewer)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
So what is the deal on Dumb and Dumberer? Are Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels attached to this?

I saw the preview before The Two Towers and had no idea that this was even coming out. I do not remember hearing that Jim Carrey was doing this. If the original cast is attached, I am all over this one. However, in the teaser, there are no actors credits (which leads me to believe something fishy).

The original Dumb and Dumber was very disappointing at the theaters for me. However, with each repeated viewing, it has become one of my all-time favorite comedies. What appears to be blatent sophomoric humor upon initial viewing becomes pure genius over time.

So please, please, please somebody tell me that Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are actually doing a sequal to this! Help!

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Did a quick scan of the info over at the the Internet Movie Database.

This is a prequel set back in high school in the 1970s... the director is a veteran of several MTV productions, but also some promising stuff such as Tenacious D and the (as of yet) unreleased Mr. Show movie, RUN, RONNIE, RUN. He is also, unfortunately, credited as the director of the Michael-Keaton-as-a-snowman bomb JACK FROST...

Harry is being played by an actor with a handful of film and TV credits, including NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE. The guy playing Lloyd has no other credits whatsoever.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I have to say, i went to 2 different screenings in 2 different citys of TTT and the "Dumb and Dumberer" trailer ran at both of them and the audience response was very positive.

Paul

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Did the trailer mention anything about who's starring and directing the film? I think people would be disappointed that this film is nothing more than a cheap way to cash in on the first film.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
Yes I noticed a buzz too, but I think it had to do with the hope that Carrey and Daniels were going to be in it as the voice over sounds a lot like them.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Ugh, I am so pissed that Jim Carrey is not involved. If he were in it, they would have said so in the teaser. I knew something was fishy. Response was very positive when the teaser came on, but I am sure that most will be disppointed like me knowing that the real actors aren't involved. This is a poor advertising campaign in my opinion; it is only going to get people's hopes up just to deflate them later. I bet this will turn many people off who might have gone to see it...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
On the upside, Jim Carrey's new film "Bruce Almighty," which was previewed before TTT when I saw it, looks promising. Carrey back in full-on comedy mode, apparently.

todd stone

Screenwriter
no one knows that carrey and daniels are not in it that is why they are excited. BAD decision to do it this way IMO

Yeah i had my hopes up too, i just found out today that Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels weren't a part of it. Same with the Farrely brothers, its gonna suck.:thumbsdown:

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's still intriguing to me...but maybe I'm a sucker for a good tagline:
"A New Bread of Idiots" :laugh:
Anyone recall what the tagline in the teaser was? I remember something like "They're young, fun and full of dumb" and that got a good laugh as well.
Bruce

Travis D

Second Unit
I will go merely for the fact that they made fun of themselves in the preview.

Something to the ring of -

"Dumberer: Completely devoid of anything that resembles
intelligence whatsoever.

For Instance... Making a prequel to Dumb and Dumber"

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I would of still been sort of excited had the main actors not done it, but the Farrellys would be directing. Neither are doing it, so I smell another "...teen movie"

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
This is a poor advertising campaign in my opinion;
There will be lots of disappointed viewers, sure, but the studio doesn't care about that. They've managed to make a lot of people interested in this movie without having to reveal it's not going to be what they expect. That's frickin' GREAT marketing, in my opinion!

(Whether it's honest and fair marketing is another issue altogether. But I'm always one to apply "buyer beware" to ANYTHING coming out of a major studio...)

Al_S

Second Unit
I was real excited when I heard about this movie and then I was very disappointed when Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were not going to be in it. But now that I've seen the previews on TV I think this movie may be pretty funny. I will give it a chance when it comes out and go see it. I loved the first movie and have watched the DVD like 10 times now. I still laugh at this movie even after watching it that many times. It just cracks me up like no other movie can.:D

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I liked when they called it a movie for "Duh Masses." I was very leary, but the TV ads look great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks