1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the Probability that Dallas or Silk Stalkings

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John*Wells, Jul 6, 2018.

1. John*Wells

John*Wells Second Unit

John
    Will be Released on Blu Ray ?? I know Mill Creek Bought the Media rights to Silk Stalkings and Re released Season 1. They also released Season 6,7 and 8. Dallas 1978-1991 was released through warner on those Filipper discs in some cases and Some of the seasons freeze, Skip and so on

Osato likes this.
  2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Producer

Joel Henderson
    Dallas would be a lot higher at least for the first ten or so seasons since they were cut on film and thus need only a quick 1080 scan. As for the rest...it would be notably more tricky.

Osato and John*Wells like this.
  3. Mr. Handley

Mr. Handley Supporting Actor

Paul
    Dallas just got a much needed single-sided DVD release this year, so doubtful that any Blu release is forthcoming (but I'd be all for it).

classictvfan40, Osato and John*Wells like this.
  4. John*Wells

John*Wells Second Unit

John
    all Seasons?

5. skylark68

skylark68 Supporting Actor

Timothy
    I’ve been interested in buying the dallas set. Anyway to tell if you are getting the single sided discs from the box/cases?

John*Wells likes this.
  6. Mr. Handley

Paul
    The recent Dallas single-sided DVD release includes every individual season (no box set). I've been buying them from Amazon and you can tell by the disc count and release date which is the single-sided (at least one more disc per season) and which are the old flippers. They are a bit pricey, but this is one of my holy grail shows and the flippers had too many glitches, none of which I've yet encountered on the single-sided discs (knock on wood)!

bmasters9, skylark68 and John*Wells like this.
  7. John*Wells

John*Wells Second Unit

John
    I found them and I just Purchased seasons 1-3 .. Are they digitally remastered as well? Have you noticed a Cleaner Print and TV experience when watching?

Sean Thompson likes this.
  8. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

I don't understand what kind of prints they had in the vaults for Dallas. If you notice, the quality varies from episode to episode. I'm guessing it would not be a quick transfer--they'd have to give some of those episodes a little TLC. And if anything, the prints they found for Falcon Crest were by and large kinda lousy. Is it just a matter of Lorimar not taking very good care of its library? Or did Warners just grab the first copies of those episodes that they found in their assets?

I just think they didn't try too hard on some of these dvds.

John*Wells and Blimpoy06 like this.
  9. John*Wells

John*Wells Second Unit

John

I actually purchased Season 1 and 2 from I tunes yesterday. It did seem that the first 6 episodes were digitally mastered and cleaner than the set I bought in 2004

10. Mr. Handley

Paul
    I don't think they did much (if any) work on the actual prints for the new single-sided releases. The flippers were mainly prone to freezing issues. There were a couple of episodes that were very bad in that department. Overall, the picture quality is very good, but it does vary a bit from episode to episode.

John*Wells likes this.
  11. John*Wells

John*Wells Second Unit

John
    Got seasons 1-3 today Just ordered Seasons 4-6 .. As I get them I am going to compare them to the earlier Releases. One thing I noticed right away is that the opening selection menu is not accompanied by the Dallas theme Score .. I will be looking to see if the special features on the March 2018 re releases match those of the original releases

12. ScottRE

ScottRE Second Unit

Scott
    Does the packaging look any different? When I check online, I see the same sets I always have.

John*Wells likes this.
  13. John*Wells

John*Wells Second Unit

John
    From what Ive seen so far, the Packaging art is the same as the original releases. As Noted in a post above , the Newer Single sided Disc releases are dated March 27, 2018 ...
    I have noticed a few Differences However For the first Seasons 1-2, The voice over episode Commentaries by the actors are not included. Im not sure if this was a cost saving move, an Estate permission issue in the case of Larry Hagman and other deceased Cast members or a combination of both