What's new

Whats the Probability that Dallas or Silk Stalkings (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Will be Released on Blu Ray ?? I know Mill Creek Bought the Media rights to Silk Stalkings and Re released Season 1. They also released Season 6,7 and 8. Dallas 1978-1991 was released through warner on those Filipper discs in some cases and Some of the seasons freeze, Skip and so on

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Dallas would be a lot higher at least for the first ten or so seasons since they were cut on film and thus need only a quick 1080 scan. As for the rest...it would be notably more tricky.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
The recent Dallas single-sided DVD release includes every individual season (no box set). I've been buying them from Amazon and you can tell by the disc count and release date which is the single-sided (at least one more disc per season) and which are the old flippers. They are a bit pricey, but this is one of my holy grail shows and the flippers had too many glitches, none of which I've yet encountered on the single-sided discs (knock on wood)!

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The recent Dallas single-sided DVD release includes every individual season (no box set). I've been buying them from Amazon and you can tell by the disc count and release date which is the single-sided (at least one more disc per season) and which are the old flippers. They are a bit pricey, but this is one of my holy grail shows and the flippers had too many glitches, none of which I've yet encountered on the single-sided discs (knock on wood)!

I found them and I just Purchased seasons 1-3 .. Are they digitally remastered as well? Have you noticed a Cleaner Print and TV experience when watching?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I don't understand what kind of prints they had in the vaults for Dallas. If you notice, the quality varies from episode to episode. I'm guessing it would not be a quick transfer--they'd have to give some of those episodes a little TLC. And if anything, the prints they found for Falcon Crest were by and large kinda lousy. Is it just a matter of Lorimar not taking very good care of its library? Or did Warners just grab the first copies of those episodes that they found in their assets?

I just think they didn't try too hard on some of these dvds.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't understand what kind of prints they had in the vaults for Dallas. If you notice, the quality varies from episode to episode. I'm guessing it would not be a quick transfer--they'd have to give some of those episodes a little TLC. And if anything, the prints they found for Falcon Crest were by and large kinda lousy. Is it just a matter of Lorimar not taking very good care of its library? Or did Warners just grab the first copies of those episodes that they found in their assets?

I just think they didn't try too hard on some of these dvds.

I actually purchased Season 1 and 2 from I tunes yesterday. It did seem that the first 6 episodes were digitally mastered and cleaner than the set I bought in 2004

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I don't think they did much (if any) work on the actual prints for the new single-sided releases. The flippers were mainly prone to freezing issues. There were a couple of episodes that were very bad in that department. Overall, the picture quality is very good, but it does vary a bit from episode to episode.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Got seasons 1-3 today Just ordered Seasons 4-6 .. As I get them I am going to compare them to the earlier Releases. One thing I noticed right away is that the opening selection menu is not accompanied by the Dallas theme Score .. I will be looking to see if the special features on the March 2018 re releases match those of the original releases

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Does the packaging look any different? When I check online, I see the same sets I always have.

From what Ive seen so far, the Packaging art is the same as the original releases. As Noted in a post above , the Newer Single sided Disc releases are dated March 27, 2018 ...
I have noticed a few Differences However For the first Seasons 1-2, The voice over episode Commentaries by the actors are not included. Im not sure if this was a cost saving move, an Estate permission issue in the case of Larry Hagman and other deceased Cast members or a combination of both

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
So Im up to Watching Season 7 of the Single Side Dallas Discs and I have not encountered a problem as far as skips, freezes and so forth. the Episodes are about 49 minutes in Length. As I am watching them however, I'm wondering if they have a few Syndication cuts . I may be wrong but It seems like some scenes are missing

Benno123

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben
I have looked and cannot find a single sided Dallas box here in the US. Did they rerelease the series in seasons instead, or is there an actual box with single sided discs? I stopped watching half way through season 4 awhile back and started up again a couple of weeks ago. I’m in the middle of season 5 now and while I have not encountered any real issues with the flippers this is one series I would upgrade to single sided discs (as a Blu-ray will probably never happen). Thanks in advance for the help!

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have looked and cannot find a single sided Dallas box here in the US. Did they rerelease the series in seasons instead, or is there an actual box with single sided discs? I stopped watching half way through season 4 awhile back and started up again a couple of weeks ago. I’m in the middle of season 5 now and while I have not encountered any real issues with the flippers this is one series I would upgrade to single sided discs (as a Blu-ray will probably never happen). Thanks in advance for the help!

Ben, Amazon has them. As is Mentioned above, Make sure you choose the ones with the Release Date March 27, 2018 ..It is the single Side release date for all Seasons in Region 1 (US and Canada)

Benno123

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben
Ben, Amazon has them. As is Mentioned above, Make sure you choose the ones with the Release Date March 27, 2018 ..It is the single Side release date for all Seasons in Region 1 (US and Canada)

Gotcha, I went in looking for a new release but I found them when I went into the separate seasons. Thank you so much!!

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
So I've got All 14 Single Sided Seasons. So far, watched them all the way to season 12. The discs seem nearly completely authentic all the way down to the Lorimar logo tracks at the end of later episodes

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
From what Ive seen so far, the Packaging art is the same as the original releases. As Noted in a post above , the Newer Single sided Disc releases are dated March 27, 2018 ...
I have noticed a few Differences However For the first Seasons 1-2, The voice over episode Commentaries by the actors are not included. Im not sure if this was a cost saving move, an Estate permission issue in the case of Larry Hagman and other deceased Cast members or a combination of both

Here's the repackaged tenth-season (1986-87) release on EBay (has at least front and back art, but no pictures of discs):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dallas-The...792719?hash=item41eb50748f:g:yuUAAOSwp6lbf3QQ

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I started Season 13 today and the opening theme sounds like a Remix .. I dont remember it like that on CBS .. .. Also as I was finishing up Season 12, I Saw the episodes in Vienna. However, I Cannot imagine them really being in Soviet Russia

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks