whats the perfect receiver for cerwin vega VS-120s

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Matt M., Jan 16, 2004.

1. Matt M.

Matt M. Auditioning

I have a pair of cerwin vega VS-120s and I like them alot I think they sound really good but the receiver they are on now is a Sony STR-AV770 its its trash I don't have the remote so I cant access alot of the features and even if I did Its just a junky receiver-plus it gets kind of hot I don't think it can handle the vs-120s

I was wondering what would be the perfect receiver for my vs-120s what receiver is going to be able to get the best sound out of them
    also I would like to eventually hook up surround sound as well as the vs-120s so it would have to have that capability

what do you think?
    thanks
    -Matt

2. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Stunt Coordinator

HK 225
    Onkyo 501
    Pioneer 912 (what I'd be picking up since it has pre-outs) if I had a budget of 300+

You could go seperates with something with preouts (912) but it's up to you and your budget.

You didn't give us enought info.

rogo

3. Johnny Ayala

Johnny Ayala Stunt Coordinator

I have Cerwin Vega RE-30's, pretty much the same speakers you do, and I'm running a Sherwood 6108. The sound is great, and you can find the reciever for under $140. Good Luck. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler Supporting Actor

I have a pair of old school Cerwin Vegas 316R series on my audio system, running on an older Pioneer amp, they sound simply awesome.