What's new

What's the penalty for an early Episode 1 report? (1 Viewer)

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator
First off I am not encouraging someone break their agreement, or am I soliciting any links, emails or any other version of anyone might have been that stupid.
That being said I was just curious as to what the penalty was for those who signed the agreement at the ranch? A monetary fine, lawsuit, jail, banishment from any future dealing with Lucas?
Inquiring mind wants to know.
Mike

Frank L

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know, but you know what's funny? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Van Ling, producer of the Episode I DVD, one of the founding members of Banned From the Ranch production company thingy?
Now that's irony...
------------------
Frank
frank.jpg

DVD Collection | Website

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
You will be surgically altered to look, and sound like Jar Jar Binks.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
You will be tasked to moderate the discussion it generates at HTF.
- Steve

DaveJJ

Stunt Coordinator
To top it off. You have to watch TPM in full frame on a 12" TV set on VHS!
DaveJJ :) :) :) :) Have Fun Guys! My HT

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
How many more smart ass comments are we going to have like that once the dvd is released?
After the threads are closed, or the posts deleted, or the members suspended, hopefully there won't be many more.
- Steve

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator
After the threads are closed, or the posts deleted, or the members suspended, hopefully there won't be many more.
I didn't mean for this to happen. It looks like this kind of stuff is going to happen for awhile to come.
Sorry everyone.
Mike
Steve - I've sent you a PM.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty sure that Van Ling was one of the founding members of Banned From the Ranch, so it's really funny that he is doing the episode 1 disc.
------------------
Joe Dahlen
"Take hold of the flame, you've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain."

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Probably banishment from all future Ranch events and denial of screeners for Lucasfilm titles.
Oh, and from what I hear, TPM is indeed the first of 4 SW movies coming to DVD, but note they don't mention the length of time between?
Jeff Kleist

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Mike, read the posts again - all tongue in cheek! :)
However, understanding Lucas's reputed obsession with secrecy and control, etc., I imagine the penalty would be similar to "banned fromthe ranch - cyber style." And with other stuidos - including Fox and its rep Peter Staddon being active on this forum, I suspect other studios would respect the ban as well.
Most of all though, I feel it would be an embarrassment to this forum and to people like Peter Staddon. We have a duty, I feel, to respect the wishes of George Lucas in a case like this, and hopefully, if anyone does have that info, he or she will recognize their duty to the HT membership in that regard as well.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
By my clock we have 4 hours until everyone is free to post, so I think after a year of waiting we can manage that without trying to scoop everyone with an early post. If it happens, I hope the punishment is noteworthy, as being invited to the ranch for this type of event doesn't happen everyday.
It's not like we're getting the disc early after all... :)
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks