What's new

What's the next/newest good FPS for the PC? (1 Viewer)

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I've just about played Half-Life and Soldier of Fortune to death (pun intended.) Are there any other newer or upcoming first person shooters out for the PC? I had a PS2 for a few months and basically gave up on it because I was thoroughly unimpressed with the selection of titles. I guess I'll stick to PC gaming for now. Your recommendations would be appreciated.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Well even though its not a FPS Max Payne is just too much fun. But to answer your other questions there really isn't a whole lot coming out this year besides the two big titles:
Return to Castle Wolfenstien
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Next year we should get:
Counter-Strike 2
Team Fortress 2
Jedi Knight 2
Soldier of Fortune 2
Ritual's new game(unannounced yet besides the fact it uses the Quake III Engine)
Quake 4
and possibly.....................................
DOOM 3 (god willing)
I am a die hard FPS fan and its just looking better next year!

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Have you tried Tribes 2?
I was a huge Half-Life/QuakeIII/Unreal T. fan until I got into Tribes 2. It is far and away the best FPS I have ever played. It's all online, mind you, but that makes it even better.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
If you liked Half Life, I recommend No One Lives Forever. It's a great FPS shooter set in the 60's, somewhat James Bond like.
System Shock 2 is a great game, you can find it for 10 to 15 dollars at Best Buy in the EA classic section.
------------------
Joe Dahlen
"Take hold of the flame, you've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain."

Kenneth English

Second Unit
The best shooter out right now is MAX PAYNE. It's 3rd person, like HITMAN (and unlike HALF-LIFE, etc), but that makes no difference. Unbelievable graphics and John Woo-esque gameplay. The most fun I've had since HALF-LIFE originally came out in '98. No B.S. -- it's that good.
The next most-wanted game on my personal list is MEDAL OF HONOR: ALLIED ASSAULT. This one's going to kick some major butt (but then I'm a freak for WWII themed games). Also looking forward to RETURN TO WOLFENSTEIN and SOLDIER OF FORTUNE 2.
Have you played the multiplayer HALF-LIFE mod DAY OF DEFEAT? It's has the WWII theme and is just about the best HL mod I've ever played (slightly better than COUNTER-STRIKE and way, way better than FIREARMS). Try it.
biggrin.gif

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I picked up Max Payne today and love it already! And I'll put the others on my "to play" list. I've heard of most of them, but a recommendation or two goes a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks