What's new

What's the next batch of Superbit Titles Coming ? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I've been wondering too. It seems an announcement should have happened a long time ago.

Terry St

Second Unit
Maybe they are going to start releasing proper transfers on the first try with extra's and non-generic packaging included like other studio's do?

/smacks forehead

Honesty beats greed? I don't get it. :confused:

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
I just read on DVD ANSWERS that a new Spiderman is in the works. Maybe a SB DELUXE ala CHARLIE'S ANGEL'S?

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

I know I'd get a lot more Sony titles if I felt secure that I wouldn't have to repurchase a better looking and/or sounding copy a few months down the line(and almost always have to sacrifice extras in the process).

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
I should not worry about those Superbits.
They will announce new titles soon.
This year the first batch came out in March so expect something simular next year.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Well, Sony is going through MAJOR changes, management-wise, so maybe things need to settle before any SBs are announced.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

This is a Superbit that makes absolutely no sense to me. Sony already included a DTS track(and a damn fine one) on T3 in every other region. And it's a 2-disc set, so all the extras(save for a few trailers and 2 commentary tracks) are on the 2nd DVD. What would be the point of a Superbit?

greg_t

Screenwriter
The point is to make more money! The current transer on the R1 T3 is awesome, and the Dolby Digital track is already incredible, so I doubt the DTS could improve it much, if any.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

Assuming the DD track on the R3 DVD is identical to the R1 disc, then the DTS is in fact better. It's one of the sickest tracks I've ever heard(and felt).

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'll say it again: T3 is a Warner title in R1, NOT Columbia - the concept of an R1 Superbit is a moot point!

greg_t

Screenwriter

I've read just the opposite on the AVS forum. Someone there had the R3 DTS and didn't feel it was up to the R1 DD. I'll see if I can find the post and provide a link.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Columbia might have rights to T3 overseas, but not in the U.S.; therefore, there will never be a Region 1 Superbit T3.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
There's been several Superbit releases in Japan. They just released Dr. Strangelove, Jerry Maguire, both Men In Black films, Stand By Me, Close Encounters, and Glory. Mask Of Zorro, Easy Rider and Taxi Driver are coming out in February.

Also, the Jurassic Park Superbit discs blow away the R1 versions.

I'm almost positive that the T3 that's out in Asia with the DTS track is Warner, not Columbia.

Jeff

Brett C

Second Unit
I own both the R1 and R3 discs of T3,and the R3 released by Columbia features the identical transfer, and as good as DD track is on the R1, the DTS track on featured on the R3 betters it quite noticably IMO. Speaking of Superbits, Wolf(1994)is on my wishlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks