What's new

What's the most you've spent on a music disc? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

My most expensive CD was the Pete Townshend Lifehouse boxed set. It was somewhere around $85 for a 6-disc set in an LP-sized case. I forget exactly how much (but I see people are selling it on Amazon now for $325 and up!).

I bought that one too.

Recent purchases:

$79 (I think) for the Beastie Boys Delux set with Vinyl, CD, T-shirt and stuff.

$140 for that Ozzy Osbourne Deluxe edition of Blizzard Of Oz with vinyl and CD versions.

Most expensive set period for me is Neil young Archives on Blu Ray for $269. It's also one of my best purchases, never fails to impress me even though the down loadable content has stopped. :)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Josh Steinberg

In general, if it's a new release album that I love and there's a chance to get a vinyl release for $30-40, to me it's well worth it. Both of the albums by The Raconteurs, but especially Consolers Of The Lonely, sound ridiculously better on vinyl than CD. Same for Arcade Fire's The Suburbs. Bob Dylan's Time Out Of Mind. U2's Pop and How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. Modest Mouse's We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank. Dave Matthews Band's Before These Crowded Streets. Some vinyl pressings of new releases don't sound noticeably different from the CDs. All of those were, to me at least, worth every penny - $40 may not seem like a ridiculous sum, but when you consider you can get the CD or iTunes download for about ten bucks, that's a lot extra to spend on something that strictly speaking probably isn't necessary. Also, if something makes the list of being one of my favorite albums of all times - it's worth paying whatever it costs on vinyl just to be able to have that on the shelf. I don't collect everything on vinyl, but the mere presence of a vinyl copy on my shelf means that that album means a lot to me.

I'm a big fan of DMB and post a bit on a DMB message board and I've got to say that BTCS on vinyl is like the holy grail on those boards, it's just so damned elusive!

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

I paid about $22 for that on Blu, but it didn't come with a CD. :)

I paid about the same for the Blu-Ray...WITH the bonus PAL-only DVD. I only bought the 4-disc DVD/CD import because of the double-CD of the whole concert. The bonus disc was how I found out that my DVD player can play PAL discs...

Hicks

Agent
Real Name
Jason
$20 for a single CD, $50 for a vinyl LP. Wouldn't pay more than that for anything.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Don Giro

I paid $60 to get a deluxe edition of Within Temptation's "Black Symphony" CD/DVD. The US version only had "selections" from the concert on the CD portion, and I wanted the whole thing. I THINK that's the most I've spent...

I didn't realize that there was a version with the full audio.

Most I paid was $50 for the special edition of Kevin Gilbert's "Shaming Of The True".

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
TheLongshot said:
I didn't realize that there was a version with the full audio.

Yup. I ended up buying it from the band's website. There was also a standalone 2-CD set, but for about $5 more, I got the DVD, the 2CDs, and the bonus disc (which was the happy day I found out that my Toshiba DVD player handled foreign discs...I went broke after that snatching up all the PAL-only music videos I had been lusting after for so long).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks