What's the most you've ever won on a scratch off?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jason Walstrom, May 14, 2004.

1. Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom Supporting Actor

The most I've won is $100 bucks but I know someone out there wins the big jackpots, Right?

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I took waaaay too much math in high school and college to go anywhere near those things, and mostly just get annoyed when someone in front of me at the convenience store is mulling over their lottery crap while my soda is getting warm.

3. Mike Hutman

Mike Hutman Supporting Actor

The most I ever won was $250.
    I have had a couple $100 winners

4. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    The most I ever won was the paper it was printed on. [​IMG]

5. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

10 dollars. My luck sucks, so I was surprised to get that much.

6. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

7. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    $1,000

[​IMG]

Up until then, the most I'd ever won on a single ticket was $50.

8. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

$40. But I win $1 price-of-the-ticket all the time.

My GF won $500 (maximum amount for that particular game) on a ticket she bought by accident (her 2 year old neice was pushing buttons on a vending machine!).

9. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

Malcolm, so do you still play em thinking the next $1k is around the corner ?

Its sort of a popular Xmas stocking stuffer gift in my circles...no one ever wins much though !

10. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

Yep, though I'm looking for the next $10,000 this time. [​IMG]

11. Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance Supporting Actor

Gerald LaFrance
    I knew a lady that one $20,000 Twice!! the most I ever one was 34 bucks!![​IMG]

12. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

The most I ever won was $200, sort of. I bought 2 $10 tickets one day. I scratched off 1 on the spot, it was a loser. The other went into a birthday card for a friend. Turns out he got the winner.

13. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

$500 one time.

Eh, I know the odds suck. I have this rule.. all of the change that collects in my "cup holder" (now change holder) in my car throughout the day.. on Fridays, I'll use it for a couple of Sobe's and what's left goes to scratchers.

14. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

A guy my uncle works with won $100k.

My great aunt one $5k-$10k once or twice.

In both of these cases, they had spent a fair amount more than that over the years.

In the former case, the guy makes quite a bit of money, and for some reason, just really liked playing scratch tickets! I think he plays a few hundred bucks worth a week.

15. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    since all you need to deter you from buying scratch tickets is a basic algebra I class, are you telling us you repeated that same class over and over again? [​IMG]

i once saw a bumper sticker that said something like "lottery: a tax for people who are bad at math"

i bought a $2 scratch ticket the day i turned 18 and won $20, i dont think i have bought one since.

CJ

16. Johnny_M

Johnny_M Second Unit

i think i won a free scratcher once.. but i rarely play.

i read a recent story about a man who walked into a store, the customer before him ordered a couple scratchers and then didnt pay for them, so the clerk asked the customer if he wanted to help him out and buy them, because apparently they cannot put them back. anyway, the guy decided to buy them and won $10,000.

must be nice to be those lucky damn people.

Johnny

17. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

I've never been into the instant tickets, but my brother used to play them all the time. I would always get annoyed when I had to wait around for him to buy his tickets and scratch them off. One day while this was going on, he was telling me that I really needed to play. He did this every time he bought tickets and I was there, and I never listened to him. He said he was only going to buy one more ticket, and I finally caved and said I'd buy one as well. He let me go first, and I bought the ticket that he was about to buy. I won $100. He'd never won more than $2. He was furious and wouldn't talk to me the entire way home. The only other time I played (aside from when I received them as gifts), was two weeks later. I bought one ticket and won $88.

A friend of mine once won $5,000. He played the instants all the time, and this was his only big jackpot. He spent $200 on a big drinking binge, then spent the rest on more tickets, putting any resulting winnings toward even more tickets until he had nothing left. His net profit was one wicked hangover.

18. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

Since we're discussing lotto, scratchers etc.

here's a question to ponder:

what do you do if you work in an office that has a lotto pool (power ball, super lotto, whatever applies to your locale) ?

we have this running gag that you have to join...why ? because how would you feel if your co-workers all won multiple millions ?

another take on that thing: if you are the person in charge of taking the pool money and buying the tix....

wouldn't that pretty much negate any chance of you, personally, ever winning big ?

cuz, if you did, everyone would accuse you of taking their winning ticket and using it.

i know there have been cases where that person tried to do that.

haha !

19. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    My mother won $5,000 twenty years ago. It was spent on my sister's wedding.

They got divorced five years later. [​IMG]

20. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

A friend and I just turned 18 within the last year, so we buy tickets every once in a while. I won $3 a few weeks ago, that's it.