What's new

What's the most on DVD software you spent in a day? (1 Viewer)

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
I splurged today. I'm sure this is well within the league of most people on THIS forum.:emoji_thumbsup: Although I have no DVD player (RP82 getting repaired), I decided to buy some things.

Guess Best buy's 10% off coupon helped me in buying:
Star Trek Season 5
Star Trek Season 6
Star Trek Season 7
Bourne Identity: Collector's
Donnie Darko
Hunt For Red October
Insomnia
Skies of Arcadia: Legends (gamecube)
Unreal Tournament: 2003 (PC-friend made me buy it)

Total was $430.

What about you guys? Software only, hardware will reach levels way higher - I am interested because many people's DVD collections are huge here (in the thousands, mine just cracked 100)!

-ELmO:star:

Andy_MT

Second Unit
$2000 at amazon (DVDs). $500 was shipping. if only i had gone to deep discount with their $14.95 cap for international orders. live and learn.

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
About $69 today:

My Big Fat Greek Wedding DVD
X-Men 1.5 DVD
GI Joe Season 1 & 2 DVD box set
Zelda preorder (gamecube)

Not all that much, but the most in one day for me so far!

-David (a poor college student working part time)

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
Zelda TOOT rules on gamecube, me and my sister are playing it on master's quest mode - seems a bit harder than regular! Or maybe games have gotten easier since then

HOLY GUACOMOLE!! $2000!

I'm in college too but I waste a lot of the money I have been earning on non-significant things. I am very glad I finished off the Star Trek Collection though it's been nagging me lately.

-ELmo:emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Click

Stunt Coordinator
$620 plus 6% sales tax Region 1, 3 Region 4 and what ever all of us have to pay on international shipping. I guarantee you if I can't unload my red laser collection there will be no breaking of my record for a single day. I have $20,000 plus invested in software, I can't do the same in a too close change of DVD red to blue!

Rob T

Screenwriter
I don't have a big income, but what I have goes towards DVDs and DVD accessories. :)

I'd say about $87 at chapters.ca for the B5 season 1 set. :)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I spent $250 on anime during the 20% off sale at FYE... that was the greatest sale ever! :)

On two occasions I have spent more than $150 on a DVD set (Cowboy Bebop: Perfect Sessions and Vision of Escaflowne: Perfect Vision)

Damn my asian adiction ;)

Joey B

Stunt Coordinator
I hope you didn't open the Hunt for Red October as the SE is coming out later this year...

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
About $300 at Circuit City with the credit I had left after buying my tv. I mostly bought small low priced titles, but still good. I would think $2000 + another $500 for shipping is like suicide for me. I fidn the shipping alone staggering. I bet you have a huge income.

L8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
CAN$1000 + tax about 4 years back. HMV had a promotion by x number of DVD, get a toshiba DVD player free. I had a wishlist all ready, and as moving into a new house, so the PC I had been using as my DVD player would be no where near the TV any more.

At the time, it was a great deal.

Zane Charron

Second Unit
I dropped almost $2,500 on Amazon.com once (mostly DVDs), as well as many other $1,000 orders. Yes, I have a lot of disposable income. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Surprisingly, only $268.37...on Oct. 8th 2002, the day the Paramount modern musicals came out (SNF, Flashdance, etc.), along with Beauty and the Beast. I bought a ton of other stuff that day, too.

I've had 7 over-$200 days, though...and a few more near-misses! :)

Kami

Screenwriter
On Nov. 12th, 2002 I bought the LOTR:FOTR Gift Set, Attack of the Clones, and Donnie Darko. I think the total was around $150 Canadian including sales tax.

I've also bought 5 of the X-Files sets so that's $125 Canadian (w/ tax) in one shot as well. No more than that in one day! But in my DVD buying heydays I probably dropped $1000 in a month easily.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Around $200, on the Kubrick Collection and some others a while back. The funny thing is, one part of me is shocked and appalled by these plus $200 splurges, and another part of me realizes that I've spent $100 on 3 or 4 separate days in one month. It's all a matter of perspective, I guess. :)

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
For me it would be close, between Oct 8th, like David I bought the Dance packs and Beauty and the Beast, this is close to the James Bonds Packs, they were something like $175 each when I bought them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks