What's new

What's the lowest you've seen for BTTF:T boxset? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
umm.... but why didn't you put in the post were you saw this price?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
He is referring to DVDsoon.com :)
I just got it for $27.20 USD SHIPPED to the US :D
Don't think BB or CC can beat that!

Adrian_S

Second Unit
But isn't this the Canadian version with the different cover? Though, I don't mind but I'm just wondering?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Temporary or not, I could really care less aboot the cover, I just want the discs! :)
(BTW: I like the cover that they have up better than that ugly blue coverart ;) But, whatever :D)

James_M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
Hey, that dvdsoon.com has some pretty good pre-order prices. I almost feel like ordering BTTF, E.T. ultimate, and Beauty & the Beast and get free shipping. But does anyone know if these Canadian releases are different from US releases in any way?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
No James, most of what they have up there is the same as what we have here. In the case of BTTF, someone over at DVDtalk emailed them and they confirmed that it is the same Region 1 product (although don't quote me on that ;) )

Adrian_S

Second Unit
I don't have a problem with the cover, I like it! I just wanted to point this out, since some people will expect the other.... :)
I will probably pre-order, but I'm gonna check with Playcentric and see if they'll price match since I do a lot of business with them and I am very satisfied with their service.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
it looks like that link that has been added to that first post is to ebay not dvdsoon.com

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I was just over at DVDSOON and they have some unthinkable deals, especially on pre-ordes.

Back to the Future trilogy - 24.65
Monster's, Inc and Beauty and the Beast 2-disc sets - 12.67 each
Count of Monte Cristo 2-disc set - 12.67
Lord of the Rings 4 disc extended version - 22.00
The Huster Special Edition - 11.86

Plus if you order of $67 or more you get free shipping! I don't know, my experience tells me if something is too good to be true, it probably is. Anyone actually ordered from this place?

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
On DVDsoon.com they list BTTF as having DTS 5.1??? I don't remember seeing this in the specs announcement? Did I miss this or is it a mistake (GOD I hope not!).
Marc

Neil White

Supporting Actor
I have had Canadian versions of discs sent to me (Hunchback of Notre Dame for example - different cover) by mistake. They were very apologetic about the error and quick to deal with it.

Other differences I've noticed on SOME discs are slightly different back covers showing the Canadian ratings etc. On others, there are just stickers on the plastic wrap. The discs are the same.

N

Devin U

Second Unit
I don't know, my experience tells me if something is too good to be true, it probably is. Anyone actually ordered from this place?
I recently got The Royal Tenenbaums from them. I preordered it for like 17.00 shipped. They ship from Quebec, I think, and I live out west(AZ),but I still got it two days after the release date. As far as differences, the only one I noticed was it has a Canadian rating(14) instead of a US rating. Glad to see those prices posted. Now I gotta run to the plasma place to get money for those preorder deals:D :emoji_thumbsup: !

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Don't forget that the Back to the Future Trilogy is being distributed by Universal, which means bilingual covers in Canada. :angry:

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
I hate those "FRENCH INCLUDED!" shit ass stickers!!

Btw, DVDSOON ships from Montreal, where I live hahaaha. So CANADA's online store is the best on the world.

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Like HenrikTull said, Universal is distributing these titles up here.. Actually, Alliance Atlantis is.
So expect the front cover to be translated (something literal, like Retour Vers Le Futur?) underneath the main title...
To see an example of how this might look like, click here
Also, the back cover and spine will be severely crowded.
Same goes for E.T., and any other Universal, Paramount, Miramax, or New Line cover.
Disney covers aren't that bad. They just have a golden circle that says Version Francaise Incluse.
Most people are not bothered by this, but if you are... BEWARE!

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
They do like french people are idiots who can't understand a word in english, they have to stick translation everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks