What's new

What's the latest on Evil Dead? (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Is the special edition release from Anchor Bay coming out this year? I had heard quite a bit about it a while ago, but nothing as of late. Who's got the info?
mike.
------------------
Do It Right or Don't Do It at All®

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
During the Anchor Bay chat on this board a couple days ago, I think it was announced Feb 2002, is the projected release month.

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Fair enough, as long as the new release is fantastic. Also, does anyone have the link to the overseas packaging of Evil Dead with the Book of the Dead cover? The search function is down right now, so I can't seem to find the age-old thread about it. Anchor Bay is also planning on using that packaging as well, correct?
mike.
------------------

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty sure they said in the chat that it'd come in the "Book of the Dead" packaging. I can't wait.
------------------
Horror AND non-horror fans unite!
jasvparbanner2.jpg

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Anchor Bay gave alot of info in the chat but I cannot remember them telling us the aspect ratio this would be released. Supposedly they are doing a 16:9 transfer for the new version doing away with the full frame (or maybe still keeping it there as well). It will be interesting to see how the composition is if the film is indeed in widescreen. May be a reason to hold onto the Elite Special Edition.
J

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Anchor Bay's release of The Evil Dead in R2 last month was at 1.85:1 and enhanced for widescreen televisions. For a sneak peek of things to come, search your favorite R2 sites for reviews of the disc...
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Lannie Lorence

Stunt Coordinator
Adam, that photo is of the German special edition, and not the Anchor bay version.
www.splatterhouse.net has a photo of an unfinished prototype. Go to the messageboards and click on the Main section. Someone appropriatedly described it as looking like a "squashed scrotum".

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
FYI, The Egyptian Theater in Hollywood is showing the Anchor Bay 1.85:1 version of The Evil Dead with Bruce Campbell (and hopefully others) on Halloween night, October 31. Apparently this print was taken straight from the negative and is the same one being used to make the hi-def master for the upcoming DVD. I'll be there for sure.

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Adam,
Thanks, that's the pic I remember, but couldn't find the link. :)
mike.
------------------

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Any word on if the AB SE will contain the commentary from the elite edition? There has been much speculation on whether Elite would license it out or not.
Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Vince: No official confirmation that the U.S. release would include the commentaries, but the R2 version recently released by Anchor Bay includes both commentaries, though none of the extra footage and other assorted Elite goodies.
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I hope the R1 case looks better than that brain on drugs crap.
It looks like the definitive version of ED will be the Elite and AB versions combined. There are two seperate commentaries on the Elite version. Has the inclusion of at least one of these been confirmed to be on the AB disc?
------------------
-Dwayne

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks