What's new

What's the latest addition to your top 10 fav films list? (1 Viewer)

RobR

Second Unit
What's the most recent addition to your top 10 best/favorite films list and what movie did it knock off the list? Everyone's top ten list changes once in a while so I thought I'd ask this.

Mine would be Seven Samurai, which I saw a few weeks ago. It knocked off Natural Born Killers.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I normally only kept a top 5 but as I have been thinking about my top 10 over the last few months I would say that Rushmore is the most recent release to be in my top 10. Not sure what it would have knocked out, maybe something like Taxi Drive which may or may not be in my top 10 when I apply some brain power to it.
Trainspotting and Pulp Fiction are the 2 other recent films to compete for the top 10. 3 from the 90s is pretty impressive (although I know some people would load it with 09's films :)).
Ben-Hur
Raiders
Lawrence of Arabia
Jaws
Pulp Fiction
Trainspotting
???
???
???
Rushmore is one of those ??? but where and what the other 2 I haven't settled on quite yet. Some possiblities Empire Strikes Back, Taxi Driver, Casablanca, Citizen Kane...more thinking required. :)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I don't have the energy to write out a list now, but I think that Memento would mae it in my all-time top 10.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
LOTR:FOTR is a lock for me, but Moulin Rouge and Black Hawk Down both moved me. MR I can see there forever, maybe not BHD (tough subject matter). I think it's been a good year.
And my list is loaded with 90's films:D Make of that what you will.
Take care,
Chuck

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Hm. I have a list of 10 favorite CDs, but I've never thought to make a list of movies. I think it's very likely that Moulin Rouge, Shrek, and Lord of the Rings might be on it. But the list would be different every few weeks anyway.

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
Memento is a definite addition to my top 25 or so, but not sure about top 10. I actually just saw Pulp Fiction for the first time about a week ago and it has secured a spot up there for sure. Another movie that I recently saw for the first time that is a definite top 10 contender is Casablanca. Even my younger brother, whose own top 10 is basically a list of the most recent big releases, admitted that it was now one of his favorite movies (although, based on the previous evidence that will most likely change :)).

Darren H

Second Unit
Ordet -- I just watched it for the first time a little over a week ago. The fact that it made me openly weep was a pretty good sign that it would find its way into my top 10. Cries & Whispers is another recent addition.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Cries & Whispers is another recent addition.
Excellent choice. It's number #3 on my list

I misunderstood the intitial question, I was thinkig by year of release and not when we first saw such and such film. My list goes through some minor changes at times, (such as 'Empire Strikes Back slipping' from #1 to #9 over the last few years)

01. Accidental Tourist

02. Manhattan

03. Cries and Whispers

04. City Lights

05. Bicycle Thief

06. Potemkin

07. Pinocchio

08. Persona

09. Empire Strikes Back

10. Anne of Green Gables (made for TV)

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
I don't have a specific top ten list. But I can say that The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring would be in it for sure.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
City Lights.

If I had a list of favorite musicals (Keep in mind I'm not a big fan of musicals, so they have to be VERY good.) I'd add Moulin Rouge. 10x better than I expected...and I seriously was expecting a bad movie.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I think Memento might just crack my top 10, but its close.

The next "newest" movie would be Pulp Fiction (which sits around number 3).

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
The most recent addition to my top 10 list (in terms of when I saw it and date of release) is Fight Club.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks