What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (3 Viewers)

KoshN

Agent
Real Name
Mac Breck
Stargate SG-1 Seasons 8 & 9 Slimsets

C.S.I. - Crime Scene Investigation - Season 1 (I got tired of waiting for them to come out with a widescreen version.)

Criminal Minds - Season 1

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Regulus said:
! :D
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
Yeah, that's a great deal. I wanted one of those myself. Just too broke.
htf_imgcache_8379.gif

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Don't feel too bad, Radioman. I wanted to get season 5 of Smallville but by the time I got to Circuit City they were all sold out. :frowning: That's ok, Season 6 will be out later this year, and 5 will get you 10 that when it does, someone will have the other seasons on sale again, so I can snatch it then!:emoji_thumbsup:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Regulus said:
but by the time I got to Circuit City they were all sold out. :frowning: That's ok, Season 6 will be out later this year, and 5 will get you 10 that when it does, someone will have the other seasons on sale again, so I can snatch it then!:emoji_thumbsup:
Yep, been there. Almost as bad as not having the money to buy...wasted trip to the store, all excited about getting it and they don't have it. Often you saw the damn thing there just the week before and didn't have the money!
I have to say it's all I could do not to order Buck Rogers. I only have ep VHS from when sci-fi channel ran it. I hate watching those tapes. A bit off topic: have you seen Ice Pirates? It has the same feel as Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica. A really fun guilty pleasure kind of movie.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Circuit City charges much more for a lot of their products though. If you want a better deal go to Best Buy. If you're here on the West Coast, we have Fry's Electronics stores too. :cool:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Radioman970 said:
Yep, been there. Almost as bad as not having the money to buy...wasted trip to the store, all excited about getting it and they don't have it. Often you saw the damn thing there just the week before and didn't have the money!

QUOTE]

I did not go home Empty-Handed. While I was there I noticed Roots was priced at the same price Smallville Season 5 was, so I got it instead! :D

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Jeff# said:
Circuit City charges much more for a lot of their products though. If you want a better deal go to Best Buy. If you're here on the West Coast, we have Fry's Electronics stores too. :cool:
Oh, I disagree...here on the East Coast, I've always found Best Buy, in terms of DVDs especially TV on DVD, to actually be ``Worst Buy,'' and Circuit City isn't that much better...that's why long ago I pledged my consumer allegiance to Amazon, which has done me quite well with some exceptions in terms of delivering my stuff the same day a set is released if not the next day and usually offering me a 30 percent or greater discount to retail. That's just my opinion (and experience), of course. :)

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Okay, some new orders yesterday (May 25):
pre-ordered ``The Odd Couple'' S2, and ``The Dresden Files'' S1. Ordered S1 of ``The Drew Carey Show'' all from Amazon.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
All at BJ's Wholesale Club:

Wild Wild West S2 $32.99

Maude S1 $19.99

Night Court S1 $14.99

Murphy Brown S1 $14.99

I know we're unlikely to see S2 of "Murphy Brown" and "Night Court" anytime soon, if ever, but at that price I jumped in anyway.

BJ's had a ton of other TV-DVD bargains too, if anyone has a club nearby.

Rodrick

Second Unit
Home Improvement s3

Mad About You s1,2, and 3. Seasons 1 and 2 were only $17 while season 3 was $25

Saw some inexpensive tv sets with 5 or more discs in them 7th Heaven's 1 and 2, Charmed. Quite good. Tempting. But not interested.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I wouldn't Pre-Order a show six months in advance. I'd forget I ordered it and then I get this package in the mail saying "Where did this come from?" followed by "Where did this Credit card Bill Come From!":eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks