What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I rent most everything now, but after having seen Arrested Development, I had to support the makers by buying the sets. It was that good.
I'd buy Carnivale, too, if it were closer to $20 than $100.

Tabetha

Agent
I got Home Improvement Season 6 today. Even though I don't have any of the other seasons. But I figured at only $16, it was a good time to start getting the series. Even if I do have to back track now. :lol

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Corey3rd said:
Playboy After Dark - Part 2
the video quality is rather iffy, but the performances are great and the audio track isn't messed up.
There are a lot of famous celebrities on those old variety shows, but wasn't the first Playboy After Dark from 1959-1960 shot on black & white videotape? The 1969-1970 version was on color tape. I'd expect the images to be be very sharp even for back then. Strange why Hefner waited so many years to put these out on DVD.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
With my birthday money, I bought the following:
How I Met Your Mother Season 1
Family Ties Season 1
American Dad Volume 1
House Season 2 (along with Season 1, which I'm giving to my roommate for his birthday, in the two-pack)
Family Guy Volume 4

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Radioman970 said:
Glad to see more Muppet Show. I'll be real happy when they finish it and Fraggle Rock up. I really want those 2 shows badly.
I haven't purchased anything. I have to admire everybody elses at this time. :)
And, there's nothing wrong with waiting either...you often get all of these sets at cheaper prices. :)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Firebee said:
And, there's nothing wrong with waiting either...you often get all of these sets at cheaper prices. :)
I find most of my "Action" in the Bargain Bins. I spend about the same each month on DVDs as I used to spend on Cable. (I got fed up with the Quality of the shows being offered on TV as well as the proliferation of Commercials and Cancelled my Subscription with them in January.) There are several advantages of buying a show on DVD. 1. No Commercials, Promos or newsbreaks. 2. No Timetable, If the Phone Rings or someone Visits, no problem! Just Pause and resume. 3. No Monthly Fee (There is the Price of Purchasing but as I said earlier this is about the same as their Subscription Fee) My favorate Advantage, After watching the show, YOU GET TO KEEP IT!:D

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^
Hey! How did my clone get out of the shipping carton? :D
I could've typed that in myself Regulus. I only have an outdoor antenna. Can't imagine needing more than that. I could spend up to $75 a month on DVD movies and shows and feel much better about what I'm getting for my money. Due to deepdiscount's sales I've spent out for this year tough. :)

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Regulus said:
I find most of my "Action" in the Bargain Bins. I spend about the same each month on DVDs as I used to spend on Cable. (I got fed up with the Quality of the shows being offered on TV as well as the proliferation of Commercials and Cancelled my Subscription with them in January.) There are several advantages of buying a show on DVD. 1. No Commercials, Promos or newsbreaks. 2. No Timetable, If the Phone Rings or someone Visits, no problem! Just Pause and resume. 3. No Monthly Fee (There is the Price of Purchasing but as I said earlier this is about the same as their Subscription Fee) My favorate Advantage, After watching the show, YOU GET TO KEEP IT!:D
Oh, I agree with you completely, Regulus. Now thanks to Cr*ppy Broadcasting System, I've only two shows that I'm interested in watching next year on television...``Heroes'' and ``Lost,'' plus the assorted summer series on USA and Sci-Fi like ``The 4400,'' ``The Dead Zone,'' and ``Eureka.'' I very much enjoy the TV-on-DVD format. To wit, my growing collection.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Radioman970 said:
Ahhh...a fellow tightwad. :D
Yes, I am, but I often buy DVDs in their first run, as evidenced by all my pre-orders. Here's another one: Just pre-ordered ``8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter'' S1 today.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I've heard "Good Things" about Heroes so I intend to get it when it comes out on DVD. I'll probably wait until "Black Friday" before I get it, as someone may have it as one of their "Loss Leaders", which is why we tolerate the insanity that is the day after Thanksgiving!:D

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Regulus said:
so I intend to get it when it comes out on DVD. I'll probably wait until "Black Friday" before I get it, as someone may have it as one of their "Loss Leaders", which is why we tolerate the insanity that is the day after Thanksgiving!:D
That's perfectly understandable. I plan on pre-ordering it once it becomes available on Amazon, and ``Dresden Files,'' ``Jericho,'' and seasons 3 of ``Lost'' and ``Grey's Anatomy'' and so on... :)

John-M

Stunt Coordinator
I just ordered from Amazon:

ER Season 7 (Season 8 will be my last season)

Martin Season 2

Coach Season 2

Wrestlemania 23 (Does it count?)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'm going to need the services of a Cooper. Deep Discount Hit me up for $20 again! This time it's for Buck Rogers in the 25th Century! :D
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks