What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I just ordered Star Trek Deep Space Nine complete set on Amazon. They have a deal of the day for Voyager, Enterprise Blu ray US, and Deep Space Nine that are probably the lowest prices I've seen there.

Also ordered Best of Naked City the 40 episode set.

This is the best time of year to buy sets.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Downton Abbey 4-season pack

downtonabbey1.jpg
downtonabbey2.jpg

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I have the no DSN or V buh-loooooooossss, babee!
Deep Space Nine
Voyager

blowitoutahere on ebay has buy 2 save 15%. These were $63 each.

A seller on ebay has Lidsville, Land of the Giants and others on blu ray. Want I should rollout the plank and pepper the ocean with chum? ArrrRRrrrr....?

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Tried watching it on Sundance/IFC and was disgusted with the overabundance of commercials. Haven't really watched this since the original airings. Can't wait to really dig into the ol' one-two.

I bet you're ready! I was, immediately upon arrival. I got into it and was hooked, green flag (1975) to checkered flag (1982).

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Doctor Who: Complete Season 10 on DVD, thanks to it still being on sale instore at B&N.

And damn, have the BBC cheaped out on the package this time out. Instead of the usual nice package, it's now a flimsy standard box in a slipcase, a slipcase which B&N has already so graciously discarded before I could buy a set. And the episodes are crammed on 3 discs now with no room to breathe. If it's going to continue this way, I might as well go with the cheaper half season sets, because I can't see how they're justifying charging the prices they are with a set like this. Even B&N's 50% off, $30.00 price was a bit too much for this package.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Received the Phil Silvers Show Complete series the other day and was quite pleased. Along with all of the episodes there are a lot of extras that always make it more interesting.

That's how it was on those Barney Miller and Bob Newhart all-in-ones as well-- all the episodes, and some very interesting bonuses.

Doctor Who: Complete Season 10 on DVD, thanks to it still being on sale instore at B&N.

And damn, have the BBC cheaped out on the package this time out. Instead of the usual nice package, it's now a flimsy standard box in a slipcase, a slipcase which B&N has already so graciously discarded before I could buy a set. And the episodes are crammed on 3 discs now with no room to breathe. If it's going to continue this way, I might as well go with the cheaper half season sets, because I can't see how they're justifying charging the prices they are with a set like this. Even B&N's 50% off, $30.00 price was a bit too much for this package.

BBC pulling a Mill Creek now? Looks that way, based on what you're saying (and that even with the higher price from Barnes and Noble).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    acinstallation449
    Recent bookmarks