What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I've been picking up a few more TMG/Shout Westerns too, before they possibly go out of print and become less readily available...Tales of Wells Fargo S1 and S2, and The Texan 'complete' 70 episode set (Desilu show, a big plus for me).

I also purchased the CBS 'complete' series of The Odd Couple...Mill Creek's new release of Man With a Camera...and Shout's recent reissues of Simon & Simon S5,6 and 7...and have the final season 8 on pre-order in December...so then I'll have that series complete...I also have VEI's Longstreet (Dec. 1) and The Immortal coming before the end of the year...it's been a good year!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I've been picking up a few more TMG/Shout Westerns too, before they possibly go out of print and become less readily available...Tales of Wells Fargo S1 and S2, and The Texan 'complete' 70 episode set (Desilu show, a big plus for me).

I also purchased the CBS 'complete' series of The Odd Couple...Mill Creek's new release of Man With a Camera...and Shout's recent reissues of Simon & Simon S5,6 and 7...and have the final season 8 on pre-order in December...so then I'll have that series complete...I also have VEI's Longstreet (Dec. 1) and The Immortal coming before the end of the year...it's been a good year!

Hope you enjoy 'em!

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Lawman, season 3 and I'm currently enjoying it.
I was impressed by the performance of Ray Danton as a suicidal gunfighter looking for Dan Troop in "Yawkey".

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Just ordered Longstreet: The Complete Series, plus The Immortal: The Complete Series from VEI.

My prior order of The Immortal from Amazon got an undefined, open-ended delay, and the DVD set's page there is currently gone... so I cancelled that order, saved a dollar, and got free shipping on both series' sets, thanks to VEI's 'Black Friday' sale. :cool::thumbsup:

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I purchased the new compact Barnaby Jones Complete collection version from VEI's ebay seller page because ebay sent me a $10 off coupon code to use off any purchase this BF weekend. I heard they randomly send the codes out, or maybe its because I recently reached "power seller" status! LOL It came out to a few bucks cheaper than VEI's own website promotion so I'm happy.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
The Equalizer complete collection limited edition. I've been watching this title forever and when it dropped last week I decided to get it. I watched the pilot yesterday when it arrived and the picture quality was excellent.

I don't have a 4K TV but recently purchased a 4K HDMI cable for $12 to go between my blu ray player and TV in the hope that it might improve the picture and sound. I'm quite happy with the result and would recommend it as a cheap tweek to anyone's system.

There are a number of VEI titles that I don't own still on sale and if anyone has any thoughts on the following titles I would appreciate it since I didn't get to watch them when they were on broadcast TV.

Petrocelli
Jake and the Fatman
Matt Houston

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Petrocelli

That is, I strongly believe, the best of all the releases of Paramount/CBS-owned shows that VEI has put out-- this 1974-76 NBC legal series w/Barry Newman was not only a great show (I saw it all the way through, something I've done with only a few shows I've gotten on DVD lately), but also has incredible picture quality, and on top of that, is very well-packaged, at least IMO.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life

rs_1024x694-161123093115-1024.gilmore-girls-posters.ch.112316.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    H-508