What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
How to Marry a Millionaire was the last DVD I purchased, but I've really cut down on my DVD spending a lot the past couple years, partly because all my primary favorite shows have been released, and partly because I have a lot of unwatched sets of my secondary favorites sitting on the shelves collecting dust. I just don't have enough time to watch them all.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
How to Marry a Millionaire was the last DVD I purchased, but I've really cut down on my DVD spending a lot the past couple years, partly because all my primary favorite shows have been released, and partly because I have a lot of unwatched sets of my secondary favorites sitting on the shelves collecting dust. I just don't have enough time to watch them all.

You're not the only one! I have a good many all-in-ones that are gathering dust because I haven't seen them all.

mark-edk

Second Unit
Since it just came in the mail today: Ernie Kovacs' Take a Good Look, The Definitive Collection. I'm an EK fan but this crazy game show is my favorite thing he did.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You're not the only one! I have a good many all-in-ones that are gathering dust because I haven't seen them all.

I buy when cheap for when I want to watch them, or leave sets waiting around for series to be completed before digging in.

My All in the Family complete series set has been around for a while. It's even went through a move. And today, I'm watching it because I finally felt like going through AITF.

Newhart... I had the bulk of Newhart sitting for three years until season 8 was released.

Of course, not all sets have to wait around. That House on Blu set I picked up in July didn't even make it into August before I started watching. Quantum Leap on Blu wasn't out of the mailbox for two hours before it was in the player.

But, those "secondary" shows as you call them, well, sometimes they get to age and mellow a bit.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
A nice, sealed copy of Thriller (complete series). Sort of a blind buy; have seen one or two episodes and know its reputation. Since I'm heading toward season 5 of Twilight Zone on Blu I'll need something to cycle into (when my wife and I aren't continuing the Dark Shadows watch - 735 and counting).

Detour (1945)

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
hqdefault.jpg

I don't usually buy TV shows until they are complete, but the wife and I had just binged watched S1 and S2 on Netflix (Canada), then couldn't find S3, so the wife went out and bought it.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Mash seasons 1-4 package at Wal-Mart $24.99. Even as a 70s half hour show I've noticed missing scenes from the syndicated episodes. It's funny how seemingly minor bits and pieces of the episode make a difference in the overall story. It's worth mentioning that there's nothing quite like owning your own set. Usually the picture and sound is better and especially for older shows, you usually get the whole original episode. And in todays short attention span age you don't have to worry about a network or streaming service taking it off, you can watch it any time you choose to.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Since my last post....

024543992837f.jpg

Sleepy Hollow: The Complete Second Season
BlurayLogo.png

031398201847f.jpg

Hannibal: Season Two
BlurayLogo.png

031398233343f.jpg

Hannibal: Season Three
BlurayLogo.png

097361365947f.jpg

Star Trek: Enterprise: Season: One
BlurayLogo.png

741952777694f.jpg

Bitten: The Complete First Season
BlurayLogo.png

741952795094f.jpg

Bitten: The Complete Second Season
DVDLogo.png

883929114313f.jpg

Being Human: Season One
BlurayLogo.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks