What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
From Amazon UK, first time on Blu-ray.

UFO, The Gerry Anderson Series which I believe was the immediate predecessor to Space 1999.

This was my favorite show back in the fall of 1972 but my older sister and her friends preferred the new show that had its series premier in next time slot. something called M.A.S.H.

UFO_BluRay.jpg UFO_GirlsPurple1.jpg UFO_20.jpg

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
We now return you, Jay, to our regular scheduled programming--already in progress! :D

Congratulations on a very significant accomplishment! :thumbsup: That's a tremendous show of discipline.

Thank you! I didn't totally stop during those 4 years; just bought a set here and there and far in between. It was about $85K in student loans, credit cards, business loans & personal loans. And it sucked! Lots of weekend, night & extra jobs that I am happily quitting now.

Additions this week:
QUANTUM LEAP (s1 & s2)
FLINTSTONES (Christmas specials set)
CLEOPATRA 2525 (CS)
REMINGTON STEELE (s2)
RIVERDALE (s1, preordered)

I'm happy to see these companies are still willing to take my money. ;)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you! I didn't totally stop during those 4 years; just bought a set here and there and far in between. It was about $85K in student loans, credit cards, business loans & personal loans. And it sucked! Lots of weekend, night & extra jobs that I am happily quitting now.

Additions this week:
QUANTUM LEAP (s1 & s2)
FLINTSTONES (Christmas specials set)
CLEOPATRA 2525 (CS)
REMINGTON STEELE (s2)
RIVERDALE (s1, preordered)

I'm happy to see these companies are still willing to take my money. ;)

If you own a Blu-Ray player, the Quantum Leap DVDs are generally useless since the Blu set was released. The Blu set is as close to a perfect release as there probably ever will be.

However, if you're still DVD only and that Quantum Leap set is the Mill Creek version, you do get All the original music and it's a wise buy.

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
If you own a Blu-Ray player, the Quantum Leap DVDs are generally useless since the Blu set was released. The Blu set is as close to a perfect release as there probably ever will be.

However, if you're still DVD only and that Quantum Leap set is the Mill Creek version, you do get All the original music and it's a wise buy.
Thanks for the heads up. I occasionally purchase Blu for TV-on-DVD for shows I really really like. I bought these two sets for around $3 a piece. Now I know why so cheap.

I may double dip eventually for that Blu edition.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Wow. That's even more impressive than you let on. Congrats again on getting out from under all that. Many others would have just crumbled and never recovered.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW - Seasons 1 - 5 (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

The above represents part of my first ever online order with Wal-Mart. The sole reason I went this route was because my wife's coveted WE BOUGHT A ZOO (2011) DVD is unavailable in our local Brick & Mortar outlets, although it CAN be ordered online through them! I needed to get that and THE PREACHER'S WIFE (1996) Blu-ray to get over the $50 hump in order to qualify for free shipping. What a huge PITA that was!

On the upside, I now just need Seasons 6 and 8 (I already have Season 7!) to complete my TAGS set! I also have a spare Season 4 DVD set, which has a lot of my favorite episodes that feature Barney and Gomer's hijinks!

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

HonkyTonkMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erik
As always, I refuse to buy any used copies of any television show DVD or Blu-Ray releases.
Whenever I buy DVD or Blu-Ray releases of television shows, I order just brand new and factory sealed copies.
I received these television show DVD releases in the mail on Wednesday, June 7th.

Fantasy Island
(Seasons 1, 2 & 3)

The Rookies (Seasons 1 & 2)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks