What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

mark-edk

Second Unit
Agent Carter/SHIELD Blu-Rays from UK. Very close to pulling the trigger on complete Streets of San Francisco box.

EtA: I also bought Perry Mason 1-3 at Walmart. Forgot because I haven't opened it yet.

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Received yesterday The Ed Sullivan Show which featured all six appearances by the Rolling Stones.
I bought the 4 episode version a few years back, when I had thought the 1967 Ed Sullivan appearance was The Rolling Stones' last! :P

Were the two appearances that followed their compromised "Let's Spend Some Time Together!" performance, prepared video clips, ala The Beatles' post '65 Ed Sullivan appearances, by chance?

CHEERS! :)

Susan Nunes_329977

Second Unit
Real Name
Susan Nunes
It was one more appearance they made, on a show broadcast November 23, 1969, after Altamont and right before their Madison Square Garden performance, and it appeared to be lip-synched to the album Let It Bleed or their singles releases. That almost never happened on the show; almost all of the acts performed live.

The songs were "Gimme Shelter," "Love In Vain," and "Honky Tonk Women."

On the 1967 appearance, their "Let's Spend Some Time Together" was a hoot. As if one couldn't do the nasty anytime than overnight.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I just purchased Mannix: The Complete Series today and will be purchasing Coronet Blue: The Complete Series, Wild Willd West Revisited/More Wild Wild West Double Feature, and Petrocelli; The Complete Series soon.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Several bargains came in the past few days:

The Untouchables - Complete Series
Rawhide - Complete Series
The Nanny - Complete Series
The Rifleman - S4V1

Still no sign of The Rifleman S4V2 or Daniel Boone S6 on the Walmart site... hopefully that'll change soon!

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Filling in gaps in my collection this month.

CHECKMATE (CS) - The best story on my list. Snagged a new, shrink wrapped copy for $8 at a thrift shop.
SQUARE PEGS (CS)
PARTY OF FIVE (S3)
BILLIONS (S1)
HAWAII 5-0 (S2, S10)
MAGNUM PI (S4, S8)
SEA HUNT (all 4 seasons)
RIPCORD (both seasons)
TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE (S1)
EQUALIZER (CS)
HARDCASTLE & MCCORMICK (CS)
HARDY BOYS/NANCY DREW (S1)
ROCKFORD FILES (TVM collections 1 & 2)
AIRWOLF (S3)
FLINTSTONES (specials from WAC)
THIS IS US (S1, preordered)
DECOY (CS, preordered)

I just finished a 4-year plan of paying off tens of thousands in debt, so I enjoyed a good month of treating myself & resuming the hobby. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just finished a 4-year plan of paying off tens of thousands in debt, so I enjoyed a good month of treating myself & resuming the hobby. :)

We now return you, Jay, to our regular scheduled programming--already in progress! :D

Congratulations on a very significant accomplishment! :thumbsup: That's a tremendous show of discipline.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks