What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (3 Viewers)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I'm writing a piece on Friday the 13th: The Series, so I purchased all three seasons on DVD and am poring over select episodes--despite the shot on film/edited on videotape look, I'm having a blast revisiting the series! I had always meant to pick these up, but $35 CAD for all three sets is a good deal!

Likecats

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
I received these from Walmart.com on Wednesday.
81bgjPBq9CL._SL1500_.jpg
s-l500.jpg

jayembee

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jerry
I'm glad I'm not the only one who primarily associates Looney Tunes with TV! :D

I think most people today do. Same with The Three Stooges.

At any rate, today I picked up the most recent seasons of The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl. I'd been waiting for sale prices to pick them up, and all three were at Best Buy for $9.99 each. Couldn't pass that up.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Thanks to fellow HTFer Rodney for giving me the heads-up on Amazon's special price of $29, I just purchased Columbo: The Complete Series.

I don't have much interest in the '80s and later episodes of the series (only a handful of those are worth watching again, IMO), but I adore the original '70s version of the show, so this is a no-brainer at that reduced price. I have the two Australian Blu-Ray sets of Columbo S1 and 2, which are awesome, but as no more seasons were released in HD (other than the VERY expensive Japanese complete series Blu-Ray set), then DVD will have to suffice for seasons 3 - 7.

Columbo-111-500x500.jpg

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
More "Black Friday" purchases arrived yesterday:

Vikings - S5V2 (I really dislike split season sets....) at a great price from Target. On sale *plus* part of the B2G1 free sale. ~$7 out the door.
The Flash - S6 (BR)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I took a chance on some WB Archive stuff through Target, Wal-Mart, and Deep Discount, hoping for pressed discs, since everything was on sale and I didn't know the actual Archives site was doing a sale.

Living Single, Alice S5-9, Perfect Strangers 3-8, and Head of the Class 1 and 2.

Alice and two of the PS sets were from Target, so those are cheaper than anywhere thanks to B2G1. The rest were comparably priced.

I know that if you order Archives stuff through Amazon, they're burned by Amazon so that was always a no go. But the rest of the retailers... well, we'll see. I've heard different things.

Either way though, Burned or Pressed, they were within the right price range.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Batman: The Complete Animated Series - from Target (B2G1 sale) for a better price than Amazon ($36.17 vs. $43.38 both including tax - shipped) and it arrived in a well padded box to boot (something Amazon's forgotten how to use for media).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiwipip