What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought?

morasp

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
The FBI season 1 Part 2
The Christmas Train (Made for TV Movie)
Bonanza Season 10 Vol. 1
Designing Women season 6
Public Defender season 1
Cedar Cove Season 2
Crown For Christmas (Made for TV Movie)
The Courtship of Eddie's Father season 2

bmasters9

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Now in with The Man From U.N.C.L.E.; did you know that in the redone version, the bonus discs are in a separate case (unlike on the briefcase version, where each of the individual gos seemed to have the relevant bonuses packaged with it, and the remaining bonuses in two other sleeves marked "Debriefing")?

The Obsolete Man

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ah, Man From UNCLE. I got the briefcase version used, for a dirt cheap price from a MovieStop back before they became a junk shop under Hastings, then Hastings went bankrupt.

In fact, I got a good chunk of stuff used from MovieStop. Buffy, Angel, Charmed, West Wing, dozens of other shows. I still regret not picking up Quark, especially since it's now OOP and expensive.

Jeff Flugel

Effects Supervisor
Premium
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Amazon UK really jacked up their shipping rates (due to a rate hike on bulk shipping in Britain effective July 1st), so the only way to score decent deals anymore seems to be to go through Marketplace sellers. Managed to score this set of the surviving Tony Hancock shows for less than $23.

So far this postal rate increase hasn't seemed to effect orders from Network. Fingers crossed it stays that way for a while, anyway...still lots of titles I want to get from them.

morasp

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
The Rifleman season 2 vol. 1
Wonder Woman complete series Blu ray Pre-Order
Hawaii Five-0 (2010) season one Blu ray

Hallmark Made for TV movies
Enchanted Royal Collection (Royal New Year's Eve, A Royal Winter)
Coming Home For Christmas
My Christmas Dream

morasp

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
Problem is CBS doesn’t finish these sets. I bought Blue Bloods S1-4 on Amazon for $33 but there’s been no season 5-8 released
True, I've found the complete series is most usually the best value especially with CBS. I've been going to pick this set up as a back up though. I have the first three seasons on Blu ray and the fourth on DVD, the first two were used but I just ordered a new copy of the season 1 Blu ray for $8.00.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Flugel

jcroy

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Problem is CBS doesn’t finish these sets. I bought Blue Bloods S1-4 on Amazon for $33 but there’s been no season 5-8 released
It seems to be a toss up as to when ViacomCBS do these multiple seasons sets.

(Without getting into politics).

For some CBS shows in the current climate, I might be inclined to just wait for an eventual complete series set for a show like Blue Bloods.

Wiseguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
It ain't just media companies deciding what we can/cannot see; others are seemingly trying to decide what we can/cannot read either (like as happened w/TV Guide, where the way we once knew it [regional editions with the channels of/week's listings for a specific area, and a shell of features around that] gave way to a 1SFA [one size fits all] mag that is more about the celebrities of television than anything else, with the listings being for broadcast and cable networks only).
I remember when it was just local stations before cable. Hell, I remember when they used to note a color program by a "C" because color was then unusual. At first we got a statewide issue with the local stations in white on a black background and the reverse for out-of-town stations. Later, it was just a local issue. TV Guide was just 15 cents from 1953 well into the 1970s.

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Cable didn't really start appearing till the 70s, did it?
That's when it was around here - sometime in 1974/75. 12 channels (we did have 4 so it was a huge deal) and, IIRC, one or two were 24 hour stations (another huge deal). It was another couple of years before TV Guide added those channels to the local edition.

MatthewA

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I remember when it was just local stations before cable. Hell, I remember when they used to note a color program by a "C" because color was then unusual. At first we got a statewide issue with the local stations in white on a black background and the reverse for out-of-town stations. Later, it was just a local issue. TV Guide was just 15 cents from 1953 well into the 1970s.
And by the 1980s, they did the opposite and indicated a "BW" for monochrome shows. I think they even eventually added a "CZ" designation for anything colorized.

Reactions: bmasters9

jcroy

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The 4400 - Complete series. A blind buy simply because it's sci-fi and I found it at Big Lots for $10.
Is this the re-released version in a giant multidisc case?

Or is this the original version from back in the day, which had a discs in a multidisc folder? (ie. Similar to the packaging of earlier then-current Paramount tv show season sets like CSI, etc ...).

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoxyBaxy