What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

Likecats

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
I just received from Walmart.com
64706 Yancy Derringer 4DVD Quad_72dpi.jpg
51rnk6X0Q2L._SY445_.jpg

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Yesterday I received my copy of the complete series set for Hunter. This is the German set with English audio. (I got it from the German Amazon.)

Unlike the apparently out of print Mill Creek Region 1 set, this one has the series spread out over 42 discs instead of 28. Supposedly there are also none of the music related edits I've seen mentioned about the US release.

It's just the original series, without any of the later TV movies or the short-lived revival series; but to my knowledge, those later shows from 2002/2003 haven't been released here either.

71VOEyQY0YL._SY445_.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Unlike the apparently out of print Mill Creek Region 1 set, this one has the series spread out over 42 discs instead of 28. Supposedly there are also none of the music related edits I've seen mentioned about the US release.

I keep checking on prices on that out-of-print R1 Mill Creek Hunter, but it continues to cost a pretty penny.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Miss Marple: The Complete Collection - Remastered in HD (replacing my old A&E non-remastered sets). This is the Marple with Joan Hickson - considered to be the definitive portrayal and Christie's choice for the role.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Pre-ordered Mission Impossible on Blu, and picked up the Just Shoot Me complete series from Blowitoutahere on eBay, since they had a 15% off for two items thing which made both series the cheapest price I could find (for legitimate copies, in the case of JSM) on the world wide interwebs.

Faber

Agent
Real Name
Josh

I don't normally buy stuff on phsycial media if it's still on Netflix, and in this case, Netflix got it about a month before I bought the set. But I just had to have it. Besides, I had read that the Blu-Ray set has much better audio and video than the DVD and Netflix releases.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Placed a pretty big order, probably the last of this size for the rest of the year.

On DVD:
Matt Houston: The Complete Series (remember this show fondly from the '80s)
Peter Gunn S1 (already have seasons 2 and 3, so this is now complete)
Naked City S1
The Big Valley S2
The Texan
(complete)
The Mod Squad S2 (will probably stop after this, apparently the last season to be remastered)
The A-Team S2
Best of Laredo S1, Part 2
Steve Canyon Vol. 1

and on Blu-Ray:
The X-Files S7

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
A second copy of that Streets of San Francisco all-in-one, this one from Amazon; the reason is because the one I had originally gotten at the Wal-Mart in Simpsonville has been used so much, the plastic is coming apart, and one disc has scratches on it that I think might have rendered it unplayable

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The Dick Cavett Show - Rock Icons. I watched Cavett's show during the years it was on as he was one of the best of the best and featured different people than most interview shows.

From Amazon:

This set has 9 episodes from 1969 to 1974 featuring Janis Joplin, David Bowie, George Harrison, Sly And The Family Stone, Stevie Wonder and many more. Highlights include 3 episodes with Janis Joplin and "The Woodstock Show," taped the day after the festival with Jefferson Airplane, Joni Mitchell, David Crosby and Stephen Stills. The shows also feature Cavett's interviews with many of the fascinating personalities of the day from Gloria Swanson to Debbie Reynolds to Raquel Welch.

Also included is the featurette "Cavett Meets The Rolling Stones," featuring live performance footage from the Stones and a revealing backstage interview with Mick Jagger. Adding insight and perspective to the set are episode introductions and a brand new interview with Dick Cavett.

Over 25 Historic Performances on 3 DVDs including:

Chelsea Morning- Joni Mitchell
Somebody To Love - Jefferson Airplane with David Crosby (filmed the day after Woodstock)
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Again) - Sly And The Family Stone
Young Americans - David Bowie
To Love Somebody - Janis Joplin
Try (Just A Little Bit Harder) - Janis Joplin
Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours - Stevie Wonder
Bangladesh - George Harrison
Still Crazy After All These Years - Paul Simon
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Paul Simon with The Jessy Dixon Singers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks