What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought?

The Obsolete Man

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Bonanza seasons 5, 6, 8, and the Adam 12 S1 rerelease.

Bonanza S5 was used from Half Price Books. Arrived intact and decent for a used set.

S6, 8 and Adam 12 were from Deep Discount, and arrived crushed, damaged, and scratched all to hell in a box that looked fine, so obviously these left Deep Discount's warehouse in horrible condition. So now starts the exchange process.

It's pathetic when the people selling the new discs send you crap and the people sending used discs get 'em to you in one piece.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Domestically:

Medic (Timeless, DVD)
Ultraseven: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Hawaii Five-0: Season 7 (DVD)
Hawaii Five-0: Season 8 (DVD)
Rifftrax Live!: Manos, The Hands of Fate (DVD)
Rifftrax Live!: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (DVD)

From across the sea:

The Avengers: Complete Series 4 (Emma Peel in b&w, UK-exclusive extras, Region B Blu-ray)
Do Not Adjust Your Set (2019 release with some formerly 'lost' episodes/footage, Region 2 DVD)

Jeff Flugel

Screenwriter
Premium
Reaction score
Website
thestalkingmoon.weebly.com
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
FWIW - Amazon US has S3 pretty cheap right now - $14.07 new or as low as $8 used (but w/$4 shipping really isn't that much better than new).

Even though you have S1 and S2 (I'm guessing you have S1) you might want to consider the UK Complete Series release. It's region free and usually less expensive than its US counterpart (and less than completing the series with the individual releases). Right now it's in the $75 range shipped to the US from Amazon UK. Both the US and UK use the Megapak things that some hate (but I happen to like). The outer boxes are also different. I purchased the UK one some time back and am quite pleased with it.
Hi there, Howie! Thanks for the info...I already own seasons 3 - 5 of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I mainly decided to pick up S2 for the special features. There's a 25th Anniversary cast reunion as well as some other documentaries on the Blu-Ray set that aren't available via streaming. So for $16 for the season, I thought, why not pick it up? Don't really want the final two seasons of the show, other than a handful of episodes, which I can watch again on Netflix. I would like to have the series finale two-parter, "All Good Things," but since it has it's own special feature-packed Blu-Ray release, i may opt for that instead. Season1 is also a possible at some stage, if the price is right.

The best season of all, imo. Don't miss “The Fear-Maker”, “The Saboteur”, “The Enemies”.
Yes, thought I should pick Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea S1 sooner rather than later, as who knows what might happen with Fox's older product now that Disney is in charge of their catalog. Probably nothing to fear for a while, but better safe than sorry, I guess. I'm not interested in getting S3 or 4 of this show, but the first B & W season is pretty good, so want that one in my collection.

Speaking of Irwin Allen shows...also just ordered the Region B The Time Tunnel Blu-Ray set, for around $26 shipped...looking forward to seeing this one - my favorite of the Allen sci-fi shows - again in HD.

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Screenwriter
Premium
Reaction score
Website
thestalkingmoon.weebly.com
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Domestically:

Medic (Timeless, DVD)
Ultraseven: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Hawaii Five-0: Season 7 (DVD)
Hawaii Five-0: Season 8 (DVD)
Rifftrax Live!: Manos, The Hands of Fate (DVD)
Rifftrax Live!: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (DVD)

From across the sea:

The Avengers: Complete Series 4 (Emma Peel in b&w, UK-exclusive extras, Region B Blu-ray)
Do Not Adjust Your Set (2019 release with some formerly 'lost' episodes/footage, Region 2 DVD)
Good stuff, Peter! I need to follow suit and get that B & W Mrs. Peel season of The Avengers on Blu myself...

I was at a friend's house the other week and saw some of that UltraSeven projected on a 150" screen...it looked very good! Think you'll be very pleased with that set. (BTW, UltraQ looks even better!) Mill Creek did a nice job with these.

bmasters9

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Ben Masters
Don't really want the final two seasons on the show, other than a handful of episodes, which I can watch again on Netflix.
Did you think the last two gos of it really weren't that good?

bmasters9

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Ben Masters

Flashgear

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Randall
I have Warner Archive's The FBI season 6 coming on Wednesday from Amazon Canada. I got it for a bargain price from a marketplace seller fulfilled by Amazon. I will now attempt to complete the series up to season 9. I didn't know I was doing this till I done it, ha, ha...eager to see more of Inspector Erskine rousting damn, dirty hippies and taking down one nest of Commie spy rats after another. And messing up those Irish and WASP Guidos of "the Organization", "the Commission" AKA La Cosa Nostra...Joe Columbo of the Italian American Anti-Discrimination League, and Mob underboss in the Columbo /Profaci/Genovesee NYC Mafia, seemed to have as much script approval as Hoover did...And I might want to see how this show changed a little after FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover died. That would be seasons 8 and 9. Great guest stars in season 6 also.

Last edited:

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Benjamin
Received seasons 18 and 19 of Gunsmoke today. The back cover of season 19 refers to it as the "penultimate" season, perhaps an acknowledgment that there is indeed an ultimate 20th season and it's on its way soon? Probably not, and regardless, these two seasons look beautiful.
I would still prefer season 20 be released on DVD, because by the time it was off the air for good in 1975, most other Western-themed TV series were already canceled, including the second longest-running Western, Bonanza, which aired its last episode in 1973.

Season 19 already saw the 600th episode broadcast, "The Deadly Innocent," on December 17, 1973.

However, Gunsmoke's high-water mark of number two (during its one-hour run) in the Nielsens was during the 16th season (1969-70).

~Ben

Last edited:

The Obsolete Man

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
I would still prefer season 20 be released on DVD, because by the time it was off the air for good in 1975, most other Western-themed TV series were already canceled, including the second longest-running Western, Bonanza, which aired its last episode in 1973.

Season 19 already saw the 600th episode broadcast, "The Deadly Innocent," on December 17, 1973.

However, Gunsmoke's high-water mark of number two in the Nielsens was during the 16th season (1969-70).

~Ben
Gunsmoke's hourlong high point.

The half-hour version was #1 for three seasons straight.

bmasters9

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Ben Masters
Bonanza season 10.
And I hope it doesn't stop there-- the fans of that 1959-73 NBC Western, and of the 1955-75 CBS classic Western Gunsmoke, do not deserve to be shortchanged.

Reactions: ChrisALM and DBF

The Obsolete Man

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Speaking of Bonanza, my S6 and 8 arrived in acceptable condition today.

Adam 12 arrived wrecked again, so another round of returns is coming! Still haven't sent the first batch back. Maybe I can put this one in the same box and save 'em some shipping.

Edit: last time I deal with Deep Discount. The prices can usually be matched with waiting or shopping elsewhere, customer service sucks, and their shipping makes Amazon's plastic bags of Doom look good. Maybe if sets were in something better than a cardboard box with no padding at all, the discs wouldn't come loose and scratched every time.

Last edited:

bmasters9

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Ben Masters
Oh, and so I'm not all doom and gloom, I ordered Dragnet 1967 (from Amazon, this time) so I could get those sweet, sweet, single sided discs to replace the flippers.
As it should be-- you don't need those doubles breaking down on you when you're wanting to enjoy a great show!

Reactions: Jeff Flugel

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topreplay