What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Definitely dramatic and defintely 70's - enjoy.

I have the first six seasons of Quince and enjoy watching every once in a while. I especially like the episodes where he is solving a murder mystery. Toward the last few seasons there tended to be too much drama for my taste, so I do occasionally skip one of those "issue" episodes that became more prevalent in seasons 7-8.

Season three is prime Quincy and should bring you much pleasure. Jack Klugman is a walking firestorm!

I grew up watching reruns with my mom, so I purchased the S1-2 set to see if it held up to scrutiny and it did! I need to look up the season in which Quincy rages against punk rock (my favourite music genre) in an infamous episode. During the pandemic, my interest in revisiting old TV shows has been rekindled.

Likecats

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Got The Rifle man season four vol 2 and Gunsmoke season 18 only two to go!
81J6BkQHQFL.jpg
51UvXhkXkwL._SY445_.jpg

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I grew up watching reruns with my mom, so I purchased the S1-2 set to see if it held up to scrutiny and it did! I need to look up the season in which Quincy rages against punk rock (my favourite music genre) in an infamous episode. During the pandemic, my interest in revisiting old TV shows has been rekindled.

During the pandemic, my interest in old TV shows is keeping me from going crazy. I have been working from home for the last 4 weeks, and the days are starting to blend together. I still get to watch a classic series most evenings before I go to bed, and now it's become even more of a highlight in my day. Thursday evenings lately I've been watching something like The Gallant Men, Garrison's Gorillas or Combat, but I think you talked me into watching Dr. Quincy tonight.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Star Trek Discovery season 2

I hope you’re enjoying it—I liked Season 1, warts and all, but I thought the show really improved with Season 2. My 8-year-old nephew has been getting into Star Trek recently and Discovery is his favourite. I’m trying to convince him to watch the original and DS9, but without success yet. :D

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I hope you’re enjoying it—I liked Season 1, warts and all, but I thought the show really improved with Season 2. My 8-year-old nephew has been getting into Star Trek recently and Discovery is his favourite. I’m trying to convince him to watch the original and DS9, but without success yet. :D

I Ordered it on Friday and Amazon got it to me today. Even though they estimated delivery tomorrow. I will start Re watching it once I finish Pacific Blue

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
As it seems several Warner Archive TV-on-DVD sets are going out of print, both at their own site and in some cases Amazon, I thought it prudent to snag a few season sets of their shows ASAP, from one of the few online stores that still sell them. After a debit card fraud fiasco a couple of years ago, I refuse to use Deep Discount...so I placed an order with Import CDs, who had very reasonable prices for the following:

Cheyenne: The Complete Second Season
Cheyenne: The Complete Third Season
Lawman: The Complete Second Season
Sugarfoot: The Complete Second Season
Maverick: The Complete Third Season
Hank: The Complete Series

Hank is a blind buy but I've heard enough good things about it that I'm willing to take a chance on it.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
What happened?

Long story, Ben...went into it last year in the "What have you been watching...?" thread. Suffice it to say, that immediately after ordering some DVDs from Deep Discount, I received a number of fraudulent charges on my Visa Debit card on the U.S. end, totaling $300...it was a real pain to straighten out, so I just don't trust that outlet anymore.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Long story, Ben...went into it last year in the "What have you been watching...?" thread. Suffice it to say, that immediately after ordering some DVDs from Deep Discount, I received a number of fraudulent charges on my Visa Debit card on the U.S. end, totaling $300...it was a real pain to straighten out, so I just don't trust that outlet anymore.

Took no notice (didn't read the story), so that's why I wondered; nonetheless, I think you might have saved me some money that I would have been planning to use there (I've never used Deep Discount before).

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Well, Ben, of course I have no proof that the fraudulent charges were linked to Deep Discount or one of their workers (or perhaps a go-between company that handles their transactions?)...just my suspicions. And certainly, many others have used their store with no problems, so YMMV. Over a decade ago, I used Deep Discount frequently, with no problems, back when they were under different ownership/management. They've really gone downhill in recent years, IMO. Again, this is just my opinion...other members please feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Took no notice (didn't read the story), so that's why I wondered; nonetheless, I think you might have saved me some money that I would have been planning to use there (I've never used Deep Discount before).
For almost all my online purchases I use a "virtual credit card." I know Citi and Discover offer that but don't know about others. It's a "virtual" number that's linked to your actual card. You set how much can be charged and for how long it's good (2-12 months) and when used it's tied to that specific vendor. If someone tries to go over the preset amount it'll fail. If they try to use it anywhere other than the original vendor it'll fail. I use them to pay bills online with a CC (AT&T, Cable, etc.) and just "reload" the card each month (I keep the same card for a vendor - make it a 12 month card - and increase the amount available before paying a bill/placing an order. When it's about to expire I extend the expiration date and update it at the vendor site).

The only time I don't use a VCC online is for Target, Best Buy, and Walmart. That's only because VCCs can make store pickups/returns difficult as sometimes they want to see the actual card - which is impossible.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Well, Ben, of course I have no proof that the fraudulent charges were linked to Deep Discount or one of their workers (or perhaps a go-between company that handles their transactions?)...just my suspicions. And certainly, many others have used their store with no problems, so YMMV. Over a decade ago, I used Deep Discount frequently, with no problems, back when they were under different ownership/management. They've really gone downhill in recent years, IMO. Again, this is just my opinion...other members please feel free to chime in with your thoughts.
I don't know how related this is, but I recently had issues when trying to pre-order the upcoming "Laurel & Hardy: The Definitive Restorations" Blu-ray set from Deep Discount. The DD person claimed that I needed to check with my bank, and in turn, my bank said that DD tried to charge my reloadable C.C. Very frustrating!

CHEERS! :)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I don't know how related this is, but I recently had issues when trying to pre-order the upcoming "Laurel & Hardy: The Definitive Restorations" Blu-ray set from Deep Discount. The DD person claimed that I needed to check with my bank, and in turn, my bank said that DD tried to charge my reloadable C.C. Very frustrating!

CHEERS! :)
That's normal for most vendors and for sure normal for DD. They'll "ding" your CC for the full amount of the purchase. It's a "temporary" charge that drops off if the order is cancelled or is converted if it actually ships. The downside is you have to have the funds there and they're unavailable for the full time until the order ships (or is cancelled and they drop off - and that can take a week or so). Occasionally a vendor will hit the card for $1 or so to make sure it's good and that'll drop off when they actually charge for and ship the order. Those are rather rare and caused me much consternation with "single use VCCs" as they'd do that temp charge which "killed" the card so when it came time to ship the card wouldn't work and the order would get cancelled (I've never had anyone but Amazon contact me that a charge wouldn't go through and give me an opportunity to fix it). I had that happen enough times that I quit using a "single use" VCC and switched to the amount limit/expiration date type.

** EDIT **
That's not such a big deal on a regular CC, unless you're close to your limit, as it simply reduces the amount of funds available. It can be killer on a reloadable card as you have to put the funds there before making the purchase and a cancel/reorder cycle can be difficult at best due to the length of time it can take for temporary charges to fall off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks