What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
oops! this has 8 disc. Bummer it's on it's way. wish I got the other one instead.

Wondering how bad. Hopefully not in the Ray Bradbury Theatre departments. I might send it back. I guess Cannon, McMillian & wife and others have this same deal. that's why they are so cheap. glad I didn't spend the $200!

Here's the one I got. amazon say 8 disc. they have the older version at 1 disc. :rolleyes:

https://www.amazon.com/British-Clas...Y/ref=tmm_dvd_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

I'm single but was hoping to grab a halfway good looking honey off the street (her coming willingly of course!!) later on. but she'd have to understand there will be time for other ladies like Lucy, Laverne, Shirley, Edith, Esther (watch it sucker!!), ...will do the rest of the list later. lol

I know! It looks so good. I hate I got this 8 disc one. Would have paid more.. maybe they won't be all echo bridge. I thought VEI was trustworthy. Would be awesome if the old discs were 4gb and these new ones are 8gb.
VEI tends to do that "disc reduction" bit lately. For example, they'll release a series initially and after a year or three re-release it on fewer discs at a much lower price. I don't know if that has anything to do with the pressing facility they were using (some of those sets with more discs seem to be trouble prone) and switched to another and/or just a cost cutting thing. They also tend to use whatever transfers the studio has laying around so it can be a crap shoot with quality. Still... often it's that or nothing. Not that that's an excuse, it's not, but that's how it is.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I haven't been sad at all with Mod Squad. was worried about scratchy discs.

Which version?

Do you have the original VEI versions of modsquad seasons 1-5, where each disc has 3 or 4 episodes?

Or do you have the disc-reduced version with around 20 discs, where each disc has 6 episodes per disc ?

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Benson - S1
Sharpe's Challenge (I've heard good things about this telemovie series so decided to check one out - picked at random)

Hope you enjoy it, Howie! That's a pretty good entry in the series, though perhaps somewhat atypical. If you like that one, the follow-up (and final) telefilm, Sharpe's Peril, from 2008 (also on Blu-Ray) is quite a bit better, IMO.

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
U.S. trip haul, phase 2:

Gunsmoke Seaon 1 - 4 Megaset
Hogan's Heroes S2
Highway Patrol S3
The Rifleman S1,Vol. 2
Lassie's Greatest Adventures Collection

and, from a Seattle secondhand shop:

Due South, S1 ($5 used)
The Three Stooges Collection, Volumes 4 and 5
(still shrink-wrapped, $5 each)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The Thriller episodes play bad. Echo Bridge Mill Creek DVD bad. Jerky. They put too many episodes on each disc. I wrote VEI. Will try to get a refund. Waste of money. Worried about all the other things they have in their store. And even if the 13 disc set of Thriller is that much better. This is a pain. VEI stinks.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Added a few more:

Scooby-Doo, Where are You? Season 3 - labelled as such on the Walmart 50th Anniversary DVD set, but, as far as I can tell, otherwise known as The Scooby-Doo Show, Season 3 (very confusing nomenclature in the '70s Scooby-verse).

Also just ordered The Avengers: The Cybernauts Trilogy on Blu-Ray from Network...excited especially to see an episode of The New Avengers remastered for HD. Hopefully this is a sign that Network have their sights on bringing the whole series to Blu eventually...

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Forgot to mention that a friend gave me his used copy of Quantum Leap Season 1 on Blu-Ray. Haven't seen this series since it first aired, and am wondering how it holds up.

Sure wish I had ordered those Disney Treasures Zorro sets when they were still in print and not so prohibitively expensive. Hadn't grown up with the series and wasn't interested at the time...regret it now.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
If the Disney Zorro set is MOD then it's bootleg. Those were all pressed.

The price got me, I felt they might have been. Has been nice revisiting this series though :D! This was the "other caped" series where we would grab sticks and towels and swish "Z's" through the neighborhood.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The Girl from U.N.C.L.E. - The Complete Series Part 1

And just *why* do they call it "The complete series" when it was a 1 season show? Makes it sound like there's lots more than a single season. And why split it into 2 parts? OK... I get that it's an overpriced MOD release but still...

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Rawhide - Season 1 from Walmart for $5.

Plenty of other introductory season sets for the same amount.
Hawaii Five-0 seasons 1 and 2
Wild Wild West seasons 1, 2 and 3
I Love Lucy season 1
Penny Dreadful
Ray Donovan
Jag seasons 1 and 2
and others that I cannot recall.

These were at a Walmart approximately 20 miles from Macon, could be a YMMV selection.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks