What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I presume the Region 2 version also includes only the first season. There were seven seasons of Quincy,M.E. (Fall 1976-Spring 83). All the episodes on the Region 1 set are from the first season. Different lengths of episodes don't make a different season. The true second season (1977-78) had 20 hour episodes.

Hmm. Well, according to both Wikipedia and IMDB, Quincy had 8 seasons. Season 1 had 4 episodes and season 2 had 13. The U.K. S1 & 2 DVD set has 17 episodes, starting with the pilot and ending with S2 ep 13, "Let Me Light the Way." After a one-month break (after episode 4 aired), the show came back for 13 episodes (from Feb. 2, 1977 to May 27, 1977).

Not sure why those two sites have separated the first 4 and the second group of 13 into two seasons. I suppose it must be that the first four extended episodes were part of the NBC Mystery Movie wheel, then it became it's own separate series. I didn't watch it when it originally ran, as you likely did...I'm sure it played to audiences, as originally aired, as if it was one season.

Edited to add: I do see that Jim Rosin's book on the show only lists 7 seasons, so it must have been treated as such in house during production. Weird. But hey, if Universal wants to call them S1 and 2, then that's good enough for me, I guess.

81pJEEYilRL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Well, according to both Wikipedia and IMDB, Quincy had 8 seasons. Season 1 had 4 episodes and season 2 had 13.
Edited to add: I do see that Jim Rosin's book on the show only lists 7 seasons, so it must have been treated as such in house during production. Weird. But hey, if Universal wants to call them S1 and 2, then that's good enough for me, I guess.

It was the same way with O-R Dallas on CBS from 1978-91-- Barbara Curran's book on that treats the 5-episode miniseries as its own separate entity, then starts the actual seasonal numbering in 1978-79 (first season), all the way to 1990-91 (the thirteenth and final season). Warner Bros., on the other hand, treats the miniseries and first go as two seasons, and the 1990-91 final season as the fourteenth one (I think that's for purposes of DVD sales; after all, who would want to get a first-season release with just a handful of episodes in that first go [unless you're a Three's Company fan, where Anchor Bay treated the brief first go of that John Ritter ABC comedy as one separate season])?

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
(I think that's for purposes of DVD sales; after all, who would want to get a first-season release with just a handful of episodes in that first go [unless you're a Three's Company fan, where Anchor Bay treated the brief first go of that John Ritter ABC comedy as one separate season])?

Yes, I'm sure that it makes some sort of marketing sense for the studios to do this sort of thing. It does cause a fair amount of consumer confusion at times, though!

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
Perhaps I ought to do that with my copy of Universal's condensed all-in-one of The A-Team-- as I'm working on a disc, I'll have a white envelope handy to put that disc in, with a note on progress; that's a great idea, I think!

Is it just me or is this one of the worst case designs ever? Hate how they’re stacked and then once you finish with one disc you can’t just put it back in the case because in a little while you’ll have to take it out again to get to the next disc.
Referring to the A-Team case.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Is it just me or is this one of the worst case designs ever? Hate how they’re stacked and then once you finish with one disc you can’t just put it back in the case because in a little while you’ll have to take it out again to get to the next disc.
Referring to the A-Team case.

It certainly is (not just on The A-Team from Universal, but on all of CBS' all-in-one releases that are like that)!

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Just got most of my order today. I started watching Andy on blu ray. the Danny Thomas extra has a lot of out of sync. Also, it's the same on the sponsored parts that are added to the shows. EVerything else ont he sows plays just fine. Anybody else have that problem? I don't remember that happening on the dvds. It happens on the disc 1 and disc 2 of the blus.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Hmm. Well, according to both Wikipedia and IMDB, Quincy had 8 seasons. Season 1 had 4 episodes and season 2 had 13. The U.K. S1 & 2 DVD set has 17 episodes, starting with the pilot and ending with S2 ep 13, "Let Me Light the Way." After a one-month break (after episode 4 aired), the show came back for 13 episodes (from Feb. 2, 1977 to May 27, 1977).

Not sure why those two sites have separated the first 4 and the second group of 13 into two seasons. I suppose it must be that the first four extended episodes were part of the NBC Mystery Movie wheel, then it became it's own separate series. I didn't watch it when it originally ran, as you likely did...I'm sure it played to audiences, as originally aired, as if it was one season.

81pJEEYilRL._SY445_.jpg

anyone think we'll get a complete series Set? I've been holding off as the dvd's avery pricy

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
I checked their website and it states the price is good today. It doesn’t say if it’s good tomorrow which is when I’m going to go.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
D'oh! Bummer, just caught up with the thread and see that I missed the sale for The Streets of San Francisco complete series set. It's back up to $45 now. Still a good price, but jeez, $20?!?!

Congrats to those of you who snagged it for that bargain basement price!

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
D'oh! Bummer, just caught up with the thread and see that I missed the sale for The Streets of San Francisco complete series set. It's back up to $45 now. Still a good price, but jeez, $20?!?!

Congrats to those of you who snagged it for that bargain basement price!

Heckuva deal. I’m down for more complete sets like this at $20!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks