What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Finished ordering Diff'rent Strokes since Deep Discount had a sale on.

Also, if you ever want to order The Monkees on Blu, try to find a decent copy on E-Bay if you want it in any sort of timely manner. It's been a week, and even with expedited shipping, the official Monkees store still hasn't shipped the damn thing. I'm about to call them and ask them what the hell the problem is since their site says they ship items the next day.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Yep, turns out it's backordered.
No warning on the site or anything. So hopefully, I can cancel it and pick it up somewhere else cheaper.

It came out in 2016 and is only supposed to have a certain amount of sets issued, so do they not just make
all the sets to be available and that's that? Why would it be back-ordered? Curious.
___

FYI: The website says "#5. Strictly limited to 10,000 individually numbered sets."

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
It came out in 2016 and is only supposed to have a certain amount of sets issued, so do they not just make
all the sets to be available and that's that? Why would it be back-ordered? Curious.
___

FYI: The website says "#5. Strictly limited to 10,000 individually numbered sets."
Whatever the actuality might be regarding the limited Blu-ray series set, Peter Tork's recent passing has no doubt created an uptick in demand for MONKEES merchandise.

CHEERS! :)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Westworld - S1. I don't much care for the original movie and purchased it mainly because a coworker, who'd recommended Game of Thrones, kept insisting I needed to see it (and it went on sale for $10). Watched it this weekend and should have stuck with my gut feeling. More about that in the thread for the series.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Your gut feeling being that neither the series nor the film are any good?
No gut feeling on the movie. I've never liked it and recently purchased a copy just to confirm that feeling (I'd not seen it since its original theatrical run). I didn't think I'd like the series but my friend said it was very different than the movie. My friend is right but my gut was also right.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Brisco County Jr.
Still going through the show I bought years ago for the first time. Went to watch one on disc 5 and it skipped and froze. The dvd has sticky film on the play side. tried to clean it and check it on the computer from it wouldn't read. I checked all discs and 1 thru 5 have the sticky film and the rest don't. It's like what I had with many of the simpsons, jeannie and bewitched discs. Bought a new set of brisco. I don't know what is happening with this. temps here in the south go up and down. that couldbe it. I have so much stuff that I haven't opened or haven't watched in a bit. scary times. so much of my stuff might not work anymore. panic and paranoids!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
They Came from Outer Space - Complete Series. One I'd heard of but have never seen. It looks like it might have been part of the inspiration for 3rd Rock from the Sun - a series I thought blatantly stupid when I first watched it but it quickly grew on me to become a favorite.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Not sure what does yours look like ?

Here's mine:
untouchables.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks