What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (3 Viewers)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Doc Martin Series 1,3, and 5

If you're collecting the entire series, beware the US versions, because season 6 in the US suffers from Quaalude syndrome, aka NTSC slowdown and no pitch correction, which leaves everyone talking and sounding sloooooooooooooooooooow. I switched to R2 releases afterward just in case, and re-bought 6 from the UK because of it.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
If you're collecting the entire series, beware the US versions, because season 6 in the US suffers from Quaalude syndrome, aka NTSC slowdown and no pitch correction, which leaves everyone talking and sounding sloooooooooooooooooooow. I switched to R2 releases afterward just in case, and re-bought 6 from the UK because of it.

Thanks for the heads up, I probably would have just gone ahead and purchased it.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
That looks like a really good deal, Dana. I haven't seen any of the show though.

had the first two seasons, the Sony releases, as i had gotten them from my Sony rewards account, but then thy stopped, after season two in the US,, for those that have those first two seasons keep those disc, because each season here is only 2 disc each and the Sony release was 4 per season, so extras and such may be missing from the box set.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Second- and third-season (1996-97 and 1997-98) releases from Mill Creek of 3rd Rock from the Sun (1996-2001 NBC comedy w/John Lithgow, et al.)

3rdRock2-1.jpg
3rdRock2-2.jpg
3rdRock3-1.jpg
3rdRock3-2.jpg

Susan Nunes_329977

Second Unit
Real Name
Susan Nunes
Bridget Loves Bernie the Complete Series

I am wading through this series now as I type this. It is a great-looking DVD, with the prints as good or better than when it was made back in 1972-73, but it is one painful watch, let me tell you. It is dated as all get-go. It also doesn't help that Baxter and Birney hang all over themselves on this show, which borders on overkill, and it is worse knowing how things turned out for both of them in real life.

This show, had it continued, would have done a lot of damage to CBS's future legendary Saturday night lineup. It was just not very good. After cancellation because of pressure from some religious groups, the time slot was first inherited by M*A*S*H*, a show that had flagging ratings until it moved into the slot and became a ratings powerhouse and TV classic, and ultimately by The Jeffersons, another television classic.

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Wow. That's a scary thought.

But my kids are 28 & 32...so that's about right. It just doesn't seem right. :D

Cowabunga, dude.

Perhaps I should have been a bit more clear-- last year was the 30th anniversary of the premiere of that 1987 animated series; I thought that's what I meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks