What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (3 Viewers)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
upload_2018-3-16_15-56-17.png

upload_2018-3-16_15-59-33.png

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Bought the 3 Blu-ray disc set of "The Night Of", the very highly acclaimed HBO 8 hour plus limited series which premiered on HBO in July of 2016. Can't wait to start watching it as Rotten Tomatoes not only gave the series a 95% fresh rating, but the consensus of the opinions that Rotten Tomatoes surveyed for "The Night Of" was summarized by the site saying "The Night Of is a richly crafted, exquisitely performed mystery that will keep viewers enthralled and leave them devastated."

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I pre ordered Gunsmoke Season 13, V1 and 2, on Amazon Canada at $30.89 Canadian each...that's $23.60 each in American Dollars at the current exchange rate...Amazon Canada currently has double postings for both volumes, V1 and 2 with the cover image attached at $42.09 CAN ($32.16 U.S.) and another set of postings WITHOUT THE COVER IMAGE at the aforementioned $30.89 CAN ($23.60 U. S.)...don't ask me to explain any of this, of course, as it is the usual price algorithms of automation at work, and our Canadian dollar has been falling against the U.S. greenback all this week...what I do know is they always honor these pricing mistakes. American customers can always cancel their pre order if a better deal arises before May 22... but for the time being, this is the best pricing I've found...and a nice deal, even if you include shipping...your dollar will likely appreciate against ours in the interim too!

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
My deal of the day... stopped in a pawn shop today and got this brand new... still sealed for $1.00!

025193048325f.jpg

Simon & Simon: Season One
DVDLogo.png

Botherly Love is put to the test as all thirteen Season One episodes of the action-packed adventure series Simon & Simon arrive on DVD for the first time! Gerald McRaney and Jameson Parkey star as the sibling sleuths whose approach to fighting crime are as unrelated as they come. A.J. (Parker) is slick, sophisticated and ambitious. His scruffy older brother, Rick (McRaney), would rather kick back and play his guitar. As private investigators, they're on the hunt for criminals, counterfeiters, and contract killers on the streets of San Diego, but in order to succeed, they'll have to work together without driving each other crazy in the process! Along for the exciting ride are popular guest stars Markie Post, Peter Graves, Jerry Stiller and More! From the producer of NCIS, JAG, Max Headroom and The Twilight Zone, comes the Emmy®-nominated series about the mismatched detective duo with adventure coursing in their blood!

Episodes:
1. Details at Eleven
2. Love, Christy
3. Trapdoors
4. A Recipe for Disaster
5. The Least Dangerous Game
6. The Dead Letter File
7. The Hottest Ticket in Town
8. Ashes to Ashes, and None Too Soon
9. The Uncivil Servant
10. Earth to Stacey
11. Double Entry
12. Matchmaker
13. Tanks for the Memories

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Perry Mason, Season 1, Vol. 2
Riptide, Season 1 (guilty pleasure fave from my teenage years, one season will be enough of this one)
Rawhide, Season 1 (already have season 2; just need to get season 3 completed and then I'll call it good for this series)
The Beverly Hillbillies, Season 2 (likewise will probably be satisfied after I pick up season 3)
Bewitched, Seasons 1 & 2 (non-colorized episodes, of course)

Plus:

The Fugitive: The Complete Series (I already own the half-season sets for seasons 1 and 2, but at $35, the Complete Series set is less than what I would pay to pick up season 3 and 4 individually. And, if I'm lucky, I'll be able to avoid the music substitution issues that plagued the middle 2 seasons on the original half-season releases.

Hope to grab the season one Blu-Ray of The Outer Limits soon as well...

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Why would only one go of that 1984-86 NBC detective/action series (the first one, early '84) be enough for you?

A couple of reasons, Ben. I'm not a completist, so for many series, a one season "taster/sampler" is enough for me, just to have some episodes of a given show. Of course, if I really love a show and feel it maintains its quality all the way through its run, then I will gladly buy all seasons (for example, I promptly bought all 4 seasons of The Wild Wild West as they came out, as that is one of my all-time fave shows).

Also, in many cases, I just don't want all seasons of a show (i.e., like many fans, I'd wager, I only own the first 5 seasons of The Andy Griffith Show - the Barney Fife years, basically. I'd be up for watching some of the later seasons, but don't feel the need to own them.) Riptide is a show I loved as a teen, and I've seen enough clips on YouTube to think I'd still enjoy it. But I'm not willing to take a chance on getting the whole thing and being stuck with a show I don't really care for anymore. Taking a punt on season 1 (which is the season I remember the best) for $10 is a fair gamble.

Finally, there seems to be some music substitution issues which affect season 2 and beyond...but so far, I've not heard of those problems occurring in the season 1 set.

Of course, sometimes it's cheaper to buy a complete series set than individual seasons, but it all comes down to how much I like a show and whether I think I'll ever watch all the episodes (not to mention storage issues).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks