What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (3 Viewers)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
yeah... had to settle for the Mill Creek.
The Mill Creek Quantum Leap BR release is pretty good. Outside of it not having CC or SDH, my biggest complaint about that one is their use of "stacking hub" type cases. I guess they don't "get" or care that many people would pay a bit more, certainly enough for them to recoup "losses" for better cases, to get proper non-stacking/overlapping disc multi-disc cases.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I Love Lucy the complete series. I have this show on me tv, hulu, and amazon prime but it is really a well put together set and I'm thrilled to have it.

Home improvement
season 3. Good clean humor.

Nikita the complete series Blu-ray. Found this at a really good price and the picture and sound are quite good.

Stargate SG-1 seasons 1-8. Amazon had the individual seasons at pretty good prices and I wasn't too interested in season 9 and 10.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Shout! UltraSeven.
finally biting bullets and get it. I have a fan made with the english dubs.

All these off ebay ship from Singapore and average about $25. I got the ones that showed official stickers on the front.
Return of Ultraman-got this today and ordered the others after just 1 episode. It has similar problems like Ultra Q with some no smooth video but it didn't stop it from healing my depressions. The first Ultraman and Johnny Sokko are the only Ultras I remember seeing. Would have loved this one.
Ultraman Ace
Ultraman Ace Jumborg
Ultraman Taro
Masked Kamen Rider V3

Here's what the official stickers look like.
%24T2eC16hHJF0FFZ3rupMbBR)Z-%2BCM)Q~~60_35.JPG

Last edited:

mark-edk

Second Unit
The last TV DVD I bought is The Magician. At least I think I bought it. I got a shipping notice on May 20 that it was in pre-shipment at Niagara Falls, NY. Today the tracking page shows it's still in pre-shipment. And I paid extra for Priority Mail!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
If this is through Amazon, call them. That is a ridiculous length of time.

He's not alone-- I had a similar experience to his, but with something that I got through Amazon: the both-in-one of the 1958-60 Mike Hammer series w/the late Darren McGavin. I forgot how much it cost at the time, but I waited, and waited, and waited, and still waited, for a month of Sundays, and then I finally gave up in anger and frustration and cancelled the purchase. Now, I can't get it for less than $70!

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
The Twilight Zone (1959-64) complete series blu-ray went to my sister as a gift, along with a note mentioning my slight envy that she'll be able to see many of these shows for the first time. (I've been in the "seen 'em all" club since 1992.)

Elementary season 5 for myself. Look forward to watching these without sports-mandated timeshifts, lags and other streaming-based glitches, and so on.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Peter, I know you will love that Fabulous Films release of Alfred Hitchcock Hour, as I do...the episodes look great, and the slight PAL speedup in the audio doesn't kill me...also, very affordable with the strong dollar exchange to pound sterling...I'm glad to have the whole run of Hitchcock complete...apparently, thanks also to more liberal copyright laws protecting third party licensees under UK and EU laws...For the same reasons, I hope Fabulous Films might find the same route to releasing FOX's 12 O'Clock High in R2, where you would think it would do well in the UK, sales wise...the 12 O'Clock High TV series is held up in R1 by literary estate rights complications, or perhaps just the potential rights challenges and the fears of that happening...which of course are only discovered once a third party actually issues it under license...clearly deterring Shout or any other third party...Fox could release it themselves with likely no challenge... but of course, they aren't interested...same thing with Universal and AHH...

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Wonder Woman seasons 2 and 3...Walmart dump bins, $8 each...I had season 1 already and much preferred the WW2 1940s setting for Wonder Woman in that first season (and Roy Rogers guest appearance)...but the disco era rest of the run (with relics like Wolfman Jack) is sometimes entertaining, often goofy and lightweight fun...and Lynda Carter is some kind of aesthetic wonder herself, ha, ha...wow...

Ironside season 4. Shout re-release, $24 at Bestbuy online.
Simon & Simon season 6. Shout re-release, $26, "
Get Smart season 3. $8.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks