What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Death Valley Days Season 13, 'The Ronald Reagan Years' by Shout from Amazon Canada for the Canadian dollar exchange equivalent of $15.20 U.S.

Stargate Atlantis Complete series on Blu-ray (20 BD)...$28 U.S., A one day sale event on Amazon Canada. A nice upgrade on my old DVD individual season sets. I have always loved this show and expect it to be stunning on Blu-ray.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The Brady Bunch - S5.

I picked this one up to complete an individual season set to give my grandkids. I'd purchased 2 copies of the complete series (purple case version) at a super sale price from Target right after it came out and sold the 2nd copy for enough to pay for both making my set free. I already had S1-S4 and just put them back for later (resale prices were, and remain, rather poor on those). Amazon put S5 on sale low enough that getting it for the grandkids to have a complete set was attractive. :)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I just pre-ordered Ernie Kovacs: Take a Good Look - Definitive Collection + exclusive bonus disc: U.S. Steel Hour - "Private Eye, Private Eye" directly from Shout! Factory.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I've got an order in with a third party at amazon for the complete Dick Van Dyke show Blu-ray set new for $38 but it hasn't shipped yet. The price may have been a typo so it might get cancelled but if it does ship I'll be thrilled.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I've got an order in with a third party at amazon for the complete Dick Van Dyke show Blu-ray set new for $38 but it hasn't shipped yet. The price may have been a typo so it might get cancelled but if it does ship I'll be thrilled.

The Dick Van Dyke Show's dvd and bluray sets were liquidated awhile ago when RLJ/Image lost the rights to the show (and other CBS shows like the original Twilight Zone). Awhile back I saw them at the nearby Costco outlets at dump bin prices.

Unless all the bluray sets have been completely sold out everywhere, then $38 doesn't sound "too good to be true" for the complete series set on bluray.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
On the other hand, I would be asking hard questions as to whether a large multidisc bluray set for $38 is second handed or not. (For that matter, also what is the geographic location of the third party seller).

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
The Dick Van Dyke Show's dvd and bluray sets were liquidated awhile ago when RLJ/Image lost the rights to the show (and other CBS shows like the original Twilight Zone). Awhile back I saw them at the nearby Costco outlets at dump bin prices.

Unless all the bluray sets have been completely sold out everywhere, then $38 doesn't sound "too good to be true" for the complete series set on bluray.

They cancelled it citing some sort of software glitch. I guess I'll take them off of my list of trusted sellers and keep my hulu subscription for a while longer. Yet another reason for me at least to check Wal Mart first.

On a positive note my copy of The Lucy Show complete series that I found for $21 is shipped and on the way.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Just ordered the complete season five of Bonanza. For anyone that doesn't have it and is a Bonanza fan Amazon has it at a really good price right now.

HonkyTonkMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erik
Bearcats! (The Complete Television Series)
Blue Thunder (The Complete Series)
Coronado 9 (The Complete Series)
State Trooper (The Complete Series)
The Munsters (Seasons 1 and 2)
The Oregon Trail (The Complete Series)
The Untouchables [1959-1963], (Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4)
The Wild, Wild West Revisited / More Wild, Wild West
Tombstone Territory
(The Complete Television Series)
Wide Country (The Complete Television Series)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I really slowed down on TV series boAryt ught but since I been away for a while... here is the last few months worth of purchases...

- Crossing Jordan: Season 1 (DVD)
- The Facts of Life: Season 8 (DVD)
- American Horror Story: Freak Show (Blu-Ray)
- Full House: Complete Series (DVD)
- Charlie's Angels: Complete Series (DVD)
- The Six Million Dollar Man: Complete Series (DVD)
- Highway to Heaven: Complete Series (DVD)
- Quantum Leap: Complete Series (Blu-Ray)
- Taxi: Complete Series (DVD)
- Welcome Back Kotter: Complete Series (DVD)
- Bates Motel: Season 1 (Blu-Ray)
- X-Files: Season 6 (Blu-Ray)
- Constantine: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
- Hannibal: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
- Army Wives: Season 1 (DVD)
- NCIS: Season (DVD)
- CSI: Season (Blu-Ray)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks