What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (3 Viewers)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Stargate: Atlantis - S1, S2, S3, S4, S5 (Complete series in individual seasons to avoid the issues with the cardboard page box set)
X-Files - S6, S7

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
"Vicious", the PBS import of the British show, starring Ian McKellan and Derek Jacobi. I love the show, and am happy to have it -- though am disappointed that there was no Blu-ray option available. The DVD set includes the Christmas special episode, which aired last year in the UK but won't be seen here in the US until December, so that was cool to see that early.

Can't wait for new episodes, it's too bad it's gonna be a bit of a wait.

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
Columbo Complete Series (Amazon deal of the day a few days ago)
Also recently purchased:
Fry and Laurie
Fawlty Towers
Red Dwarf
all complete series (probably an Amazon DOTD)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I ALMOST bought some Bewitched season packs for $5 at target. Then I decided not to waste the $$ and instead just watched the eps on Crackle and other streaming venue. The days of buy DVD's etc are pretty much over for us.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Alf S said:
I ALMOST bought some Bewitched season packs for $5 at target. Then I decided not to waste the $$ and instead just watched the eps on Crackle and other streaming venue. The days of buy DVD's etc are pretty much over for us.
Similar sentiments here. (In a more general sense).

I'm too "burned out" already on buying any further shows on dvd/bluray.

Money isn't an issue for me. I just have too many unwatched tv season sets sitting on my bookshelves collecting dust.

At this point, I'll probably end up doing without the dvd/bluray sets, even for shows that I like watching every week. (With that being said, there's only one tv show I'm still regularly buying on dvd/bluray: Person of Interest).

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
My Purchasing has slowed down considerably (There isn't too much out there that I already have). I probably wont do much purchasing until November, and will only happen if I see a title or two being offered on the National Day of Insanity (I'm certain many of the Black Friday websites will be buzzing shortly after Halloween). :biggrin:

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA: Season Three / Vol. Two ($14.99)

THE MUNSTERS: Season Two ($16.99)

MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS: Season One / Vol. One ($10)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks