What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Starhunter "Complete" Series. From wally for $5. I think I'll return since it's not the complete series as labeled. Just found that out... sneaky Echo Bridge! Well, if it's true. I need to research more.

Alice. Bluray. The syfy miniseries followup to TinMan. Liked Tinman, hope this is more of the same.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^The Starhunter "Complete Series" release from Echo Bridge *is* complete for the original series - but it's really only season 1. There was a break of a couple of years between seasons/series. Unfortunately it does *not* include Starhunter 2300, the followup series, which is considered to be season 2 (both aired under the Starhunter banner in US syndication). Starhunter 2300 goes for "big bucks" (more than I want to pay, even 3 years ago when I picked up the original EB 4 disc release at Target for $4) and there's no release that I know of which contains both series of the show. :(

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Ouch! "The Big River" wants &169.99 for a New Set or $69.99 for SH2300. I got both of mine for $6.00 Each at Big Lots a few years ago. :biggrin:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Changed my mind, ordered the final season of JAG and Wanted: Dead or Alive. I'm not too happy to have to order the entire series of the latter to get the final installment of this show, nonetheless I did so. Two more complete seasons in the bag.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
BobO'Link said:
^The Starhunter "Complete Series" release from Echo Bridge *is* complete for the original series - but it's really only season 1. There was a break of a couple of years between seasons/series. Unfortunately it does *not* include Starhunter 2300, the followup series, which is considered to be season 2 (both aired under the Starhunter banner in US syndication). Starhunter 2300 goes for "big bucks" (more than I want to pay, even 3 years ago when I picked up the original EB 4 disc release at Target for $4) and there's no release that I know of which contains both series of the show. :(
Awesome. I'll keep it. And get the followup season later if I like it. $5 is excellent for trying out something like that. I guess both have the Eddie & the Cruisers/Streets of Fire guy?

Regulus said:
Ouch! "The Big River" wants &169.99 for a New Set or $69.99 for SH2300. I got both of mine for $6.00 Each at Big Lots a few years ago. :biggrin:
dingdangit! I hope i don't like it then! :p

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I just ordered RAWHIDE: Season 8 last night, so another favorite series of mine has now been moved into 'completed' column! :thumbs-up-smiley:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Dad's Army (The US release which is more a 16 episode "best of")
HarveyToons - The Complete Collection
Flash Gordon - The Complete Series

MaxMorrow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter Roberts
The Adventures of Brisco County- The Complete Series.

Finally picked it up at a price too good to allow myself to refuse.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
My Birthday is coming up next month, I pre-ordered the entire series of State Trooper (The "Alternate" I bought from one of those "Trading Sites" cost more than the official release is, (Serves me right) and when that set arrives I'll be glad to introduce the 'boots to Mr. B.F.Hammerr. ESPECIALLY the three episodes that were unwatchable). :angry:

I also ordered Archies Weird Mysteries, Ruby Spears Superman, and the whole nine yards of Vega$. All in all a nice little gift from me to myself.

Crossing Fingers Death Valley Days will be on my "Santa List" L8r this year. :) :biggrin: :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I just picked up Ripper Street S1 and S2. It is my understanding that S3 will be done via another network as ratings were poor on the show!!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Dick Van Dyke: The Complete Series. I just got the complete Dick Van Dyke series on Blu-Ray for $47.93 at Amazon. That's the whole series in HD for less than I paid for a single season of Dr. Kildare on DVD. It's nuts, but I love it.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Carabimero said:
Dick Van Dyke: The Complete Series. I just got the complete Dick Van Dyke series on Blu-Ray for $47.93 at Amazon. That's the whole series in HD for less than I paid for a single season of Dr. Kildare on DVD. It's nuts, but I love it.
SECONDED! :biggrin:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Here's something that doesn't happen everyday! I bought a "Shovelware" Movie set for $5.00 at Uncle Wally's. Among the shows was the 2005 version of The Poseidon Adventure. Since it has a "To Be Continued" break at the halfway point this makes it a Bona-Fide Mini Series.

FalconEPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raaj Vakil
Hi. Bought Foyle's War Set 7 (to complete the Homefront Sets 1-6 I already had). Also got Midsomer Murders (Early Cases Sets 1-4 + Sets 5 & 6). Foyle's War Sets 1-5 have no subtitles but they have Closed Captioning (for TVs in the USA)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Just got Shout Factory's compilation DVD of Marx Brothers appearances on different TV shows - haven't had a chance to watch it yet but very excited to have it on my shelf.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thinking of picking up Psychoville series 1 & 2 blu ray set. It's a UK import. But it does say All region. Wondering if that would work on my Panasonic BT300? So at amazon are saying Sony and PS3 players can't do it. One is saying their LG can...

I do have the Company of Wolves blu ray import and it plays beautifully on my player. Hoping that means this is safe. I sure want to buy it immediately. I didn't know about it but a preview of the show aired on The Crow movie blu ray. Plus I just love League of Gentlemen. I need to get this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks