What's the Going $ for the SCD-XA777ES These Days?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Doug_B, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Someone put the bug in me; you know how it is [​IMG] . I recall seeing references to $2K from a couple of places. Is this still the going rate? Would any lower price be considered a steal these days? What's the take on this unit, giving consideration to the new one that is coming out (something with a '9000' in it?)?

BTW, I would be upgrading from a 'C555ES, if I were to go down this path of hedonistic audio surplus.

God, I hate this hobby [​IMG]

Thanks.

Doug

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Doug, I haven't heard of any price change on the 'XA777ES, so I imagine you could get it for around $2000 if Oade Bros., OneCall, or J&R still have it. Availability could be limited, as Sony supposedly is discontinuing it. However, I don't know if the 'XA9000ES is going to be released in the US. If so, you may want to wait for it. It looks to be a great player.

3. DanielSmi

DanielSmi Second Unit

Yes it will be released in the US. It's going to make a SACD i.Link combo with the DA9000ES receiver. But you don't have to have the DA9000ES for the XA9000ES through i.Link it'll work with the Pioneer 49TXi as well in fact any i.Link capable product.

Daniel Smith