1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the frequency in which you start to get "quesy" from low bass?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keir H, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Also can the 25-31 do that to you or do you have to go to the 20-39 for about 3500 cu/ft of space? ANother question, what is meant by one-note bass?

2. steve paul

steve paul Stunt Coordinator

I have a 10X24 room and I had a dual 20-39 setup. I never got "quesy". These things you read are just exagerations. I now have an HGS-18 and I feel that BASS More than from the dual SVS BUT none make you sick or "quesy" - Its just good clean bass from both SVS and Velodyne.

3. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

I think this will tend to be dependent on the individual to some degree. Like sea-sickness and car rides.

My ears are extremely sensitive to air pressure changes(probably a sinus cavity thing). I don't think my hearing is better than average on the whole...but I can *hear* stuff others usually cannot.(the distint approach of a large helicopter for instance).

Loud bass doesn't make me quesy, but watching some of the DVDs that have the loudest bass often makes me feel sick...

TV