Whats the easiest way to find out what LD's I have are not on DVD ??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris PC, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I am going to be selling most of my Laserdiscs but I'm going to keep my player and also keep the LD's which are not on DVD and sell them last. Just wondering, should I just search using Jeff's LD finder or is there a better/easier way to determine what LD's I have that aren't on DVD yet?

2. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

3. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

You can also go to the Internet movie database and type in the titles you want and it will let you know which are not available on dvd.

4. jacob w k

jacob w k Stunt Coordinator

You could also try checking on a program like DVD Profiler to see if the title is there.

5. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Thanks for the ideas folks. [​IMG]

6. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

You should not be too quick to sell your Laser Player. I doubt that every LD that you have will appear on DVD.

7. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Producer
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    I agree with Jeff, I would not sale your laserdisc player. And I would keep every movie that looks and sounds great. I have kept my laserdisc player and my entire disc collection. Even if I have purchased the dvd replacement. Now on the other hand my VHS collection will be going bye bye, lol. Every VHS movie I replace with DVD will get tossed. How ever especially with receivers like the Pioneer Elite 49TX with it video upsampling I would keep the laserdisc movies. As for myself I have a few that are really worth keeping. The Rock box set DD (could be better if it DTS) And I have Jurrasic Park 1 & 2, The Crow, Apollo 13 and The Shadow in DTS that will look even better once I get the Elite reciever.

8. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

EXACTLY Dave! I've not disposed of any of my LDs.(Have 400+) My most valuable LD is the Criterion "Robinson Crusoe on Mars". [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Mike Friedrich

Mike Friedrich Stunt Coordinator

Ditto & The Day The Earth Stood Still Limited Box Autographed by Robert Wise.
    bodym[​IMG]v'n