What's new

What's the difference between the two "Lady in Satin" SACD's? (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member

Greg Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
The first version is a stereo only SACD. The second version has a multichannel layer added. If your not into multichannel, get the first version for the bonus tracks.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Greg, the original Sony SACD's all had those paper outer sleeves. There's stille alot of old inventory in stores. The newer pressed discs now have those plastic outer sleeves. The ones with gold trim denotes a M/C disc, silver trim denotes stereo. I'd go for the bonus cuts, this album isn't good M/C material anyway, IMO.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dave, based on what I read over on Audio Asylum, you would be best served to get the remastered CD for the bonus tracks and the multi-channel SACD for hi-rez stereo sound (and, of course, multi-channel). Apparently, someone botched the EQ on the stereo-only SACD and the resulting sound is horrendous. This was fixed on the stereo track with the multi-channel release.

Now, I have not heard either SACD (I plan to get the multi-channel version), but I have read numerous comments on Audio Asylum about the aforementioned EQ problem.

Greg Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Keith and Larry for the heads up on this title. This is on my to buy list and I probably would have got the "wrong" one since the novelty of multichannel has worn off for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iguanaclerk
Recent bookmarks