What's new

What's the diff.... (1 Viewer)

Bry_DD

Second Unit
..of living the bridge plate on the speaker with one set of wire compare to with 2 set of wires when bi-wiring speakers?
Also when bi-wiring do you need have 2 set of wires with the same length then crimp one side of the amp? would a "Y" concept work? meaning on the speaker side you have about 2 set of wires about 1-2ft then whatever legth towards the amp side? I hope it make sense whatever i'm writing here and if it does let me know what you think.

thanks..

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
The only thing I see biwiring doing is increasing the effective gauge of the wire running to the speaker.

The people who believe in it say you have to twist the pair together at the amp, your Y idea wouldn't be the same.

Personally I'll just take a good quality 12guage wire to the speaker, and replace the jumper plates with the same wire. I wouldn't be surprised if the small difference people hear is just the effect of removing the jumper plates. In which case replacing them with the same wire you are using to the amp would be just as effective.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Dustin,

Not to mention changing out the bars to short wire jumpers would be a hell of a lot cheaper than a double run of speaker wire. Although, 12 guage wire is pretty damn inexpensive if you know where to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks