What's new

What's the deal with everyones post count dissapearing? (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I've never seen anyone post for I would classify for purely "post-padding" purposes, but it's okay with me because it takes away the argument of the anti-tournament folks that they're just a vehicle to boost post counts.
Oh yeah, I'm 9 posts away from 1500, in case anyone's interested.;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
good move to whoever had the idea.

i never understood why it was i big deal to start a thread that was called "i just made my 1000th post"

all i ever thought when i saw them was " so what"

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Just checking here: Do some people have 'born on' instead of 'member since' showing on their screens or is this just some HTF vernacular that older members know about??
:confused:

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Think: Budweiser
Umm if that's a reference to the 'born on' thing, you're probably going to have to explain!! Even if we have the same advertising campaigns (?) here in the UK, then I never see them as I don't watch TV anymore...

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Budweiser, at one time, ran an ad campaign trumpeting that each bottle/can had a "born on date", ie. the date the beer was bottled/canned. Ostensibly it was so you could see how "fresh" your beer was.

They still have the "born on date", but they haven't run any ads pointing it out recently...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I just noticed that the post count is gone. Good move! I never saw the point of it anyway. Keep the "Member since" date though, please. :)
EDIT: I just noticed that it's still in the member profile... maybe it could be taken away from there too, and just be available in the "private" profile for the users. Otherwise, we'll still be in the same boat, won't we?
/Mike

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I've never noticed any blatant 'post-boosting' - I guess I just assumed some people like single-line comments in threads
I've not noticed "post-boosting". I was not aware that a post had to consist of a long paragraph to be considered worthwhile &/or valid. I think plenty of people can make their points with a single sentence or a couple words at times. :eek:
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yeah, but someone coming into a discussion and just saying..."poop"...would not really be a strong point made in short hand.

....or would it?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's also good in reverse. I've seen people snapping at one another, and one eventually says, "At least *I* don't have 1000 posts in three months!" I won't miss those exchanges.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I just noticed the posting count was gone and went here to start a new thred to find out why. I guess that shows how much I was paying attention. I like having the member since date on here. That at least lets people know who the "old timers" are.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I knew it was coming and fully 100% support getting that stupid stat off the front. You should be judged by your posts... well not "all" of your posts.;)
I honestly have no clue how many posts I had made nor do I care.
(thinking) "One More..."

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but someone coming into a discussion and just saying..."poop"...would not really be a strong point made in short hand
I suppose it depends on your point of view. I certainly can think of some instances where one word can express my point about a subject.
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Something I have never understood: Why someone would post for the sole reason of increasing his post count.
Something I NEVER will understand: What sort of person views his own post count as some type of meaningful achievement and worthy - in and of itself - of some measure of respect.
Jon
(who has no earthly idea of his count)
edit: I just checked...690 posts!!! YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
My post count has not dissapeared...probably because I have an old computer or my HTF payment is late.
;)
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks