What's new

What's the deal with everyones post count dissapearing? (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
No argument here, it's a fine idea that I have hoped would be implemented for quite some time.
The Forum has had (and will still have) enough of an "elitist boys club" feel in certain "clicks" on the board as it is, not very welcoming to new members.
Fine Idea.
"Now there's no more Oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet,
Axe,
and saw.
"
;) :emoji_thumbsup:

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Fine idea.

I do echo those who wish to have an icon to see the latest batch of posts by that member--'twas a nice feature.

Evan

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I like that the post count is gone from the side as well, I tend to recognise member names rather than the amount of posts they have anyway.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
As one of the few who was against the idea of having the post count showed on every post back when it was first added, I am very pleased with this decision. :emoji_thumbsup:
Besides I noticed a few weeks ago before a lot of the tournament threads where gutted, that my post count had gone past 5500 :eek: It's now back down to under 4k and thank god 'cause only losers have enough time to post over 5k :D

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
It's a fine idea, except I use my post count to track the last ten posts I've participated in. How bout an icon like that?
Precisely!
with all these merging threads around I'm having a hard time to find some of my posts!
Yes I'm for an Icon like that mentioned above!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I actually like the post count. I find it ironic that mods are clamping down on this while people still flagrantly abuse signature files. You try opening up a thread where everyone is using 3-4 sig. pictures while on a download connection.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
with all these merging threads around I'm having a hard time to find some of my posts!
I think a lot of people may have failed to read Post 15 ...Either that or the edit occurred after a number of posts (there's not 'edited on' text!!)
On the other hand, this seems to bring up posts started by the member. I'm not sure if that's what's being talked about as I never used my post count... :confused:

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
YAY!!! No more online pissing contests for post counts!!!
Post 768: Oh really?
Post 769: I didn't know that.
Post 770: That movie is stupid, I would never waste my money.
Post 771: I wasn't thread-farting, I am entitled to my opinion.
NEW TOPIC:
Post 772: Why **This Movie** sucks.
I won't miss 'em. :D

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Great Idea...Now hopefully Quality of posts will increase vs quanity of posts...I have seen many time where the same person will add 3 and 4 posts in a row to the same thread within minutes to do nothing more than increase post counts..I guess they never relized there is something called a paragraph...
Getting rid of the member list by top 50 posters will help also..

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I have to say, I've never noticed any blatant 'post-boosting' - I guess I just assumed some people like single-line comments in threads.
I was more annoyed that people cared if their count went down. It will be nice to see an end to that.
I like to know how many posts I've made per day though, so I'm glad I can still click through my profile - it warns me if I'm about to spend too much time here!! :D

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It's been said already, but it bears repeating:
Such an icon already exists. It's the "search" icon, which appears at the top of every post, including your own. Click on it, and you'll get a list of that poster's most recent posts, in reverse chronological order.
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks