What's new

What's the best way to kill flys? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Flys, nats, any little pest that tends to bug you during the summer months and likes to fly into my eyes and near my nose, especially...

Is there a permanent way to kill these things once they enter your property?

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I've worked in the fast food service so I've had lots of time learning their weaknesses and playing with them.

I will tell you a trade secret that I personally invented for making flys your personal slave.

You will need a: Plastic cup, piece of paper, freezer, and a very fine long hair from some girl.

First catch the fly in a cup by SLOWLY approaching it with the cup, and then snapping it down over the fly. Slide the paper under the cup and put the fly in a freezer for about 5 minutes.

The fly will then be in "shock" and become rendered paralyzed.

You will then make a loop with the thin hair and tie it around the fly's neck. (Yes they have a neck and it's VERY thin separating it's head from the body)

Once you've got the fly on a "leash" wait a couple minutes for the fly to "thaw" and it will start flying around on it's leash.

I used to do this with as many as like 7 flys, and I would tie them all to a table top using a piece of tape.

You will be amazed at the attention they will get, and you'll be amazed at how much in trouble you can get from your boss. Kids LOVE it though and think "HOW DID YOU DO THAT" hehe

Johnny_M

Second Unit
thats hilarious! i might have to try that some time. do they always come back to life or does the cold kill them some times?

johnny

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yes, the cold if put in too long can kill them, but then you have to do CPR on them. Once I even had to call 911...

Jay

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Johnny_M

Second Unit
now that would be a funny 911 call!

"911 how can i help you?"

"YES I JUST PUT MY PET FLY IN THE FREEZER AND IT DIED! I TIED A HAIR FROM MY NEIGHBORS LITTLE GIRLS HEAD AROUND THE FLIES NECK SO IT WOULD FLY AROUND ON A LEASH BUT IT NEVRE WOKE UP AFTER I PUT IT IN THE FREEZER! PLEASE HELP ME! "

"Sir, please stay calm and we will pick you up immediatly and bring you to the hostpital for an evaluation!"

Johnny

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Actually, what would really be neat is to do it with the girl's hair WHEN it's still attached to a girl..

HA!

Jay

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Shoot 'em with rubber bands. 60% hits on walking targets or better qualifies for an "expert" rating. Of course, it's more sporting to try to take them down "on the wing", but don't expect to exceed much more than 10% that way. OK, so I'm a twisted individual and I've had a couple of really boring jobs in my time. What of it?

Sadly, there is no temporary way to kill them, though the freezer idea comes close.

Yard Guard and bug zappers may be very helpful in certain situations. I spray my hedges with Yard Guard before barbecues. Seems to do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks