What's new

What's the best way to dub entire CDs using a computer burner? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
My computer has an internal CD burner. If I were to connect an external CD-ROM drive, what would be the best way to dub CDs? I would like to dub CDs in my megachangers to CD-Rs and use the CD-Rs in the megachangers. In doing so, I want to include text (disc and track names) on all the CD-Rs. I am using Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4, which allows you to include text on CD-Rs or CD-RWs. However, I have only used the computer burner for making mixes. If I want to dub entire CDs, how do I do it? If I copy each track to the hard drive as a separate file, I will have breaks on the CD-R where two tracks might segue on the album. That's no good. If I were to copy the CD to the hard drive as one file (if that is even possible), I would lose track markings (I assume it would transfer to the hard drive as one large track), so that's no good either. Am I missing something? Is there a good way to make dubs of CDs with CD-TEXT information using a computer burner? Thanks in advance.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

J

John Morris

Keith: I just use an aplet which is part of Easy CD 4 called CD Copier. All you do is select the CD-Rom you want to copy and the target CD-R and click start.
BTW, I just broke down and bought a Sony SCD-C555es from OneCall for $800(no/no financing). It's gonna get here next Wednesday. Now, all I need are some more SACD discs to listen to....
biggrin.gif

------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!
[Edited last by John Morris on November 03, 2001 at 07:58 AM]

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Using EasyCD Creator 4, you would just drag the source CD to the "new" CD you want to create. If you have the CD Text functioning, it should copy all the track info, etc. Then got to "File", "Create CD Image ", name the file whatever you want. I would recommend using the burner to read and write, BTW. To create the CDR, go to File, Create CD from Image, and select the file you just created.
Pete
------------------

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
John:
Using CD Copier will not allow Keith to rename the tracks. Keith, you are correct that the only way to rename the tracks is first copy them to your hard drive. The CD can be copied to the hard drive in CDA format as a "cd image" but again you will not be able to rename anything.
There should not be a concern about the "segue" between connected tracks, though. Use CD Creator to copy all the tracks to your hard drive. Then, rename them but keep them in the same order as on the original CD when you drag them to the New Layout area. Then, when you click on "create CD," you are given multiple options of how you want to create the CD. Use the "disc at once" option. This will not add the two seconds usually put between tracks, and you should end up with essentially a duplicate CD.
SMK

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for your responses, everyone.
Steven,
I think you nailed it. What you said makes a lot of sense. Now that you mention it, I use the "Disc at Once" option when making mixes. I'll try that for dubbing purposes.
John,
Congrats. on ordering the 'C555ES. Glad to hear also that OneCall still had the 12-month same-as-cash offer running. The e-mail I received from them a few weeks ago said the offer was only good for four days in October. In any event, definitely post your thoughts of the player and SACD when you get settled in with it.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks