What's the best quality s video connection for the PS2?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by james e m, Sep 14, 2002.

1. james e m

james e m Second Unit

The title says it all. I know there are a Sony and Monster version of both connections and I wanted to know if anybody did a head to head comparisons on the two. Is there a place where I can find some reviews? Are there any other options I should check out?
    James

2. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I have the Monster version and it seems to work very well for me. I have not done a comparison though...I use Monster for the rest of my HT so it seemed appropriate to use it for my video games as well.

3. Lee Petty

Lee Petty Stunt Coordinator

dunno bout quality, but the sony cable is at target for $15. seems a better deal to me than the $40 monster cable.

4. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Hey lee..... I have a ps2 monster cable (s-video) that I am no longer using.. let me know if you want it! I will sell it to you for 20.00 shipped and insured, so basically you are paying the same price as the 15 dollar ones. The monsters are so much better. I just bought a new set of monster component cables. When it comes to video quality the monsters are the way to go. In my opinion the s-vid ps2 brand cables kinda sucked but the monsters blew them away!!!
    Well let me know!!!

5. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

Monster is the most durable and made from the best material, but it's also vastly more expensive than the other cables. I have compared my PS2's s-video signal on two different s-video cables, one monster, and the other a Sony cable. The difference on my 32" WEGA was negligable and not worth the extra $45 for the monster cable.

~j

6. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

There's a cheaper alternative than Monster with the same quality. Look for the Interact cables which are made by AR. If you've used any of the AR AV cables, you know that they're good quality for the money. I have this cable and it's of very high quality. I've never bothered to upgrade to component cables because I don't play my PS2 that much anymore.

7. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

I tried the interact cables and my wife COULD tell a difference.... she said the colors were a little more dull.... as for me I couldnt see a great amount of difference.... but hey the wife is ALWAYS right...lol

8. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

Dave - You're talking about the Interact cables made by AR (don't know if there are others)? I'm surprised to hear that. I haven't done any extensive testing between the Interact and Monster cables but I've been happy with the Interact ones and have been happy with all of the AR AV cables that I've purchased.

9. millercv

millercv Second Unit

Dave You got mail (if lee isn't interested that is)