1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the best projector under $500?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by timmorten, Mar 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. timmorten

timmorten Auditioning

Tim Morten
    Hello all!

This is my first post and I have a question at the spot.

I am a gamer and I am looking to enhance my gaming experience with a projector. For this, I am looking for a projector under $500. I don't know what things to consider before buying a projector. Because I never own a projector.

I have read so many article on it. I have found Optoma HD143X which is considered as the best projector under 500. I think it will be right one for me. It is around $500. I have that budget but I am really worried. Should I go for it or not?

Another question is that should i buy another sound system for that or built-in speaker will work fine?

Thanks in advance!

2. Mysto

Mysto Screenwriter

marv long
    Hi Tim - Welcome to the forum. I really don't have any experience with the HD143X. I own an Optoma GT1080darbee and I've had good success with it but it currently sells for around $750. Your model appears to be about $650 w/shipping on Amazon so the price isn't that far off but may be above your budget. I'm not really a gamer so maybe somebody here will chime in. I think there is a thread on gaming here -so you might want to ask there.
    Good Luck.

timmorten likes this.
  3. timmorten

timmorten Auditioning

Tim Morten
    Thank you, Mysto.

I can wait for some more suggestions.
    Otherwise, I will increase some of my budget and get the Optoma GT1080darbee.