What's new

What's the best moisturizer for men? (1 Viewer)

Adil M

Supporting Actor
exfoliate means remove skin (dead skin)

fellows it's not girly, it's vocabulary.

Forgot to mention polo or ralph lauren makes a face wash w/ a mild exfoliant that I have used. I liked that too.

Dermatologists rec'd dial a lot for your skin.

Another tip, drink more water

Eve T

Supporting Actor
There are several products that I would recommend for under they eyes.

If you are wanting to help combat puffiness and dark circles I would go with Christian Dior's capture eye gel, it's made with licorice extract which lightens and brightens those dark areas under the eyes. Also an excellent moisturizer. I have heard good things about Lab Series for men eye rescue gel but being that I have not personally tried it I cannot give you my total vote on that one. I have seen excellent results with Capture essential eye contour gel I have and still do use it myself. *TIP* put it in the fridge and get a nice cool feeling when you put it on, it really relaxes you. If you are more concerened with lines and wrinkles then Capture rides eye creme is more up your alley (also by Dior) made with grape seed extract it smoothes, also in this nifty creme you will find a great repairer for damage already noticable on your face, lines are less noticeable after a few weeks of use. Another product named Capture essential eye serum has all of these benefits and then some. This is a serum that contains complex lipsomes which are anti aging elements to help combat free radicals and put a layer of protection over the eye area (kind of a net to keep bad things away if you will)it also creates an optical illusion being that it is enhanced with tiny like mirrors to make the light appear to reflect away from lines and wrinkles .The cost is 45 dollars for each of these products whichever one should suit you more.

Someone mentioned exfoliation and what does it do, well I think the guy who answered that question did pretty well. It is a creme which contains various things, sometimes oatmeal, when others are made with tiny perfectly round beads along with rougher shaped beads, one bead will gently exfoliate the dead skin while the round beads will smooth it away. Some exfoliaters are better than others as some can be too harsh on skin I recommend Lab series for men as far as facial exfoliants go, it comes in a tube and I believe last time I checked the price was around 18 dollars. Dior and lancome make good exfoliants but are around 30 dollars, lab does just as good of a job for less $$. As far as eye products go though, I've found Dior gives out the best results, go to your local fine department store and ask for a sample of each of these products. Try before you buy! Find out what works best for you.

Peace,

Eve

Don Black

Screenwriter
Wow. Such a response! Thanks all. I think I'm going to try Lab Series exfoliant and moisturizer.

Eve: Do you happen to know what the exact names of the Lab Series products are?

Also, do you know of any negative/positive impact they have when people use them while on Accutane (thinking about starting a follow-up treatment)?

Thanks again!

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Don, the best advice I can (professionaly) offer you is to sample these products before using them. All products that I mentioned have been demotologist tested but,as with any product you never know how it will react with your skin until you try it. I have not heard of anyone having problems while using these products in conjunction with Accutane but that does not mean it does not or cannot occur. Sample these products before spending your money on them and if you experience any outbreaks or problems discontinue the use of them. Please note that if your skin is in bad shape that sometimes the problem will get worse before it gets better. That simply means that I've seen many people that have bad skin ..take acne for instance, who start using products and experience more of an outbreak of erruptions on their skin than prior to using the product, that's only because all the dirt and oil are being pulled out to the surface of the skin and the body is getting rid of toxins and grime. This normally goes away about a week or two after they begin a strict skincare regimine. I suggest a trial period of sampling of 8 to 10 days before purchasing any product. If you are concerned about your medication reacting with a certain product consult your doctor. Hope that helps :)
Peace,
Eve
PS. You asked what the exact name of these products are The moisturizer is called "Super lift off"They make super lift off for the face and body. The tube for the body is much bigger but don't buy it to use on your face. The face is much more sensitive than the rest of the body so you will need to use "Super Lift Off for the face which is more gentle. The face wash is called "Power wash"
Peace :)

Eve T

Supporting Actor
No that's what the facewash is called.

The exfoliater is called active scrub to the best of my recolection. They only make one exfoliator (Lab series for men) that is so you should have no troubles finding it. Let me know how everything went.

Peace,

Eve

Don Black

Screenwriter
Gotcha. I think I'll pickup 1 tube of "Active Scrub" (exfoliater) and 1 tube of "Super Lift Off" (moisturizer) then. What's the point of the facewash? Is it any better than the Cetaphyl I use now? Thanks again!

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Hey, maybe Eve could set up a Group Buy for the lotion! :D The dry air of winter is definitely "kickin my butt"! :angry:

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Don, if you already have a face wash that is working for you or that was given to you by your doctor then stick with that. Some soaps are better than others and get rid of more sebum and dirt which is why I suggested the power wash.

Peace,

Eve

Marty Christion

Stunt Coordinator
I highly recommend Cetaphil (by Cetaphil) or Purpose (by Johnson and Johnson), although I'm going to try some of the other recommendations from this thread as soon as my current bottle runs out.

I also highlty recommend shaving in the shower. Get a little shower mirror, and just use regular shave gel. If you save it for last, your beard will be softened up by the steam.

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
well, shaving is probably one of the best exfoliating processes --- you're literally scraping the top layer of skin right off !!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Doesnt water make it worse?

As it evaporates it also takes with it your skins own moisture, resulting in drier skin than you started with...

Wayne A

Agent
My wife is hairstylist and beautician/cosmetolgist, before I'd met my wife I was using the crappy stuff on my face. I've been using the Aramis line for a while real great stuff, real big improvement. For my hair products I use American Crew Hair it's a mens line:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks