What's new

whats the best home theater in a box? (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i am tired of the way my boston acoustics ba4800 sound for my pc. i need a new sound system.

there is logitech z680, but it will cost me about 350 bucks + shipping. so, i tried to find something else...

kenwood htb 405 was around 350 bucks! this thing looks like a better buy overall, since i can then upgrade it little by little in the future...

so, what do you guys think? any other htb that is recommended? i dont need the one with dvd player. but i do want dpl II.

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
Either The Kenwood HTB-505 or the Onkyo 650 are your best bet. I went to two ABC Warehouses and got the price of the Kenwood down to $380. The onkyo is generally $499

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
ok thanks.

since i want to connect it to my pc, can i use it for games? do i need a different connection other than the optical cable?

btw, what is the meaning of powered subwoofer? is it passive or active? i want to be able to upgrade the sub sometime in the future.

Jonathan K

Stunt Coordinator
The only one that you can use for games is the Logitech Z-680. It is the only one that has the fully bass managed 5.1 analog inputs that modern games require. Trust me, the Z-680 is the best Home Theater in a Box that I know of.

Arvin

Auditioning
I found out how to get the Z680s for $225 shipped. IM me at ArvinAbadilla if you're interested

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
I agree with John: The Logitech Z-680's, though not officially a HTiB solution, seems to be a better value than a lot of other systems... only problem is that you can't exactly replace the sub with something else, as the sub does all the sound processing (which, by the way, includes Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Digital, and DTS).
It also doesn't have an extensive selection of inputs compared to most receivers (1 optical, 1 digital coax, one computer input, and one pair of analog inputs, I believe), but it should be sufficient for most people, especially given the price ($290 on Amazon). Definitely worth looking into.

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
how about a lexicon pre/pro, bryston amp, and some jm labs, yeah that's good yup =) just kidding

uhmm the klipsch media setup sounds really good but a little bright....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks