What's new

What's the best deal on an HD-A2 this Friday? (1 Viewer)

Roy C.

Second Unit
Guess what? I just looked at it and it shows $169.00!! But.... no free movies!!!!!!! I guess you can say I got 3 HD-DVD movies for $20 or so; still not a bad deal.

Thanks,
Roy C.

mike caronia

Second Unit
I used sigurd's method from over at AVS:
Do not click on show me the price. It will bring up the $169 offer at Beach. Instead click on Toshiba HD A3 line. Again do not click on show me the price. Instead look to the right where it says more buying choices and click buy under Amazon (there is no price listed here at all). You will see in your cart the A3 for $159.98. Then go back to the offer for 10 free when you buy it for $199 and you will get the list of DVD's to pick out three. When you pick the three your cart will go up to $223 (more or less depending on the cost of your three DVD's) but will list the discounts and the grand total for the A3 with 3 movies, shipped free will be $159.98. You still get two in the box and five more to pick giving a total of 10 DVD's. Only drawback it's out of stock and shipping after Dec 26. Bummer to have to wait!!!

So I got an HD player coming, albeit at the end of next month, and 10 free HD-DVDs for $159. not too shabby.

SteveCallas

Second Unit
There is no difference between outputting 1080i or 1080p from your disc player if you have a digital display, the same picture information is being displayed in either case. The only case in which you are losing picture information is if your set cannot display 1920x1080.

Steven Larson

Stunt Coordinator
I am trying to do this Amazon deal, and I went to the page with the offer, and I click on the box next to the A3, then I pick three movies, and hit add to cart. I go all the way to the last stage before I place the order, and it doesn't give me the discount on the movies, instead, my total for the player and 3 movies is 219.83, plus sales tax on top of that.

They haven't pulled the offer, or at least the page is still there, saying it is still active.....Am I doing something wrong, or is this deal dead?

***OK, I just answered my own question in the A3 specific thread....apparently since I have Amazon Prime, it messes up this deal. I setup a new account using a different browser, and like magic, this deal worked perfectly for me. Sorry to post twice...***

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks